Does anyone here listen to electronic music?

Sep 3, 2002
hmmm i do naturally...started out on regular classic trance...

now into
acid trance goa trance
house...esp french house
breakbeats...ANY type(except hip-hip(except tupac, guru and SOME Nas)
junglist(ANY type but the wierd experimental stuff thats undancable)

anyone else?

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
I do, but it is mainly limited to "meainstream" stuff, not by choice though - the music is impossible to find. I would love to get more into The Prodigy Experience-era rave stuff for instance, but it is impossible to find anywhere! Kazaa is crap - over a million users and any band I enter turns up zero freaking results.

Oh well.

(The Chemical Brothers are the greatest band ever btw)

LiekOMG

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2000
Yep. Although technically, 'electronic' music pretty much means any music that has something electronic involved as an instrument - which would cover a lot of things :)

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
Mainly "mainstream" electronica for me as well... it's hard to find good stuff and have it suit my tastes as well... I experimented with IDM for a while, but back to eurotrance... Infected Mushroom. I'm starting to dig on eurobeat stuff now... the newsgroups are so filled with techno/electronica... but most of it is so obscure. It's hard to get into it...

I'm stuck at Paul Van Dyk, Oakenfold, & Crystal Method for the most part. I didn't quite like goa or acid.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Originally posted by: piku
I do, but it is mainly limited to "meainstream" stuff, not by choice though - the music is impossible to find. I would love to get more into The Prodigy Experience-era rave stuff for instance, but it is impossible to find anywhere! Kazaa is crap - over a million users and any band I enter turns up zero freaking results.

Oh well.

(The Chemical Brothers are the greatest band ever btw)

No, Crystal Method PWNS Chemical Brothers...although Block Rockin' Beats and others is still one of the best tracks evar. :)

(BTW...no, no one here listens to electronic music. We like bluegrass on this board.)

Sep 3, 2002
Rap is electronic music....crappy form of hiphop which is an offshoot of breakbeats....i use kazaa for EVERYTHING(audiogalaxy was a lil better but kazaa's AMAZING) if ur haveing trouble PM me with what kinda music u wanna listen to and i can give u an endless amount of artists ALL over kazaa

Also if u like ill give u my sn in kazaa hotlist me and dl...i got cable so no worries....:)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
shoutcast is where it's at...

<- steams digitally imported while he sleeps :D

dohyun

Nov 4, 1999
HI, i like jungle, dnb.

piku, prodigy was making some jungle back in the early 90's like u said, really it cant be found on kazaa? they had like 2 or 3 popular jungle tracks, out of space, and a charlie brown one. do u mean u like hardcore and old skool jungle?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I like good melodic trance with a little psy thrown in, and some Astral Projection on the side. A bit of ambient for dessert..

mp3.com has a good selection, if you're willing to first sort through some cruft.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
That's exactly what I listen to a lot of the time

which ones?

me - digitally imported when sleeping... digitally imported HiNRG when i'm doing homework or sometimes playing cs... there is another one, hard trace, it's kinda weird stuff though.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
piku, prodigy was making some jungle back in the early 90's like u said, really it cant be found on kazaa? they had like 2 or 3 popular jungle tracks, out of space, and a charlie brown one. do u mean u like hardcore and old skool jungle?
Well I have that whole CD (I have Expanded too, which has some fantastic tracks on it), but it is impossible to find the music from other bands like the Prodigy. Prodigy websites I've visited labeled their style as rave back in the early 90's, and list some other bands like them, but I still can't find any of it.

And even worse now that I'm at Temple University I can't even use Kazaa... grrr......

Sep 3, 2002
Hard trance is so solid....its so dark and cheery at the same time...its like someone who gets utter joy out of dying kittens it sounds so wierdly warped....(i think im gonna scare a few ppl w that analogy lol...o well)

SpongeBob

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2001
I like Trip-Hop, I suppose that's could be dubbed "electronic"

Never got into trance, jungle, drum 'n bass, etc. too much, although there are a few artists I like.

Sep 3, 2002
Trip-Hop is DEFINITELY electronic music...dude so much vinyl it HAS to be:)

yea im really startin to hit it hard, herd about Tricky a while back in a rag, and finally got a few of his cds...GOOD stuff

SpongeBob

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: MusicSoundsBetterWithYou
Trip-Hop is DEFINITELY electronic music...dude so much vinyl it HAS to be:)

yea im really startin to hit it hard, herd about Tricky a while back in a rag, and finally got a few of his cds...GOOD stuff

I saw Tricky live in '98. Incredible show!

wolfsblood

Apr 15, 2001
I listen to some mainstream trance and the stuff that they play on digitally imported as well as a little bit of drum and bass and techno.

bentwookie

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2002
if you like deep house , listen to kerri chandler and roy davis, can never go wrong with either...

imperial dub is an excellant label too.

there are tons of dj site especially in germany, france, sweden, scotland, where you can download some great deep house mix sets, just need to look for them, I have over 50 links, PM me if you want them.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
im really into funky funky breaks right now

im also big on house (booty, chicago, acid, funky, disco, cheesy) and techno and some electro (im just starting to get into electro, its going to get very popular very soon because it is so good).

happy hardcore and gabber are my guilty little pleasures i know i shouldnt but i do.

i used to like trance i guess some goa and psy trance are alright but meh i find it a bit boring now.

edit: i like more new style jungle and some old skool regga. i also have been listing to a lot of chill dnb lately just while driving or chillin with friends before parties and ish.