does anyone here have time warner cable's DTV?

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
If so, could you help me with 2 questions:

1) Does the DTV cost (9.95 + X, depending on number of premium channels) apply once for the household, or for each TV that it's hoooked up to.
2) When you order the premiums from DTV, the premium channels you previously ordered on 'regular' cable are cancelled, right? ie you don't get charged for the same premium channels twice?

Thanks in advance :)

gittyup

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2000
My bill:

Preferred Value Package ....39.25
RoadRUnner Service..........39.95
Digital Multimedia Value.... 7.95
Digital smart box........... 5.45
Digital Remote.............. .50

edit: I don't pay for any movie channels...

d0ofy

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
1) It's $9.95 added to your regular bill. If you have extra receivers, you pay the normal box rental and service fee. The $9.95 is only once.

2) The $9.95 covers the digital service and the extra channels that come with it. You keep whatever premium channels you had with regular, you just get more of them. HBO still costs $12, but you get a bunch of HBO's instead of just 1 HBO.

I'm in NYC also, and I'm waiting for RCN to finish wiring up my neighborhood. I heard from friends that RCN's service is better than Time Warners'. The cable modem's speed is faster upstream, and comparitive downstream. The channel lineup on the TV service is also good. I want it for MTV-X, the all-rock MTV.