does anyone here have a livejournal?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
I have a blog link although it is hosted on my website. I feel no need to run it anywhere else. And itis powered by nucleus, although I do intend on skinning it one day.

imported_vr6

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2001
haha i have that shirt btw bought it from urban outfitters a while back. It is the most comfortable t-shirt i have ever wore! I would use livejournal, but too bad i am too poor to pay the sign-up fee:(

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
yep but I don't use it much these days other than to comment in other people's journals. I'm not into 'add me, I'll add you back to ok! like omg.'

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Kwan1
haha i have that shirt btw bought it from urban outfitters a while back. It is the most comfortable t-shirt i have ever wore! I would use livejournal, but too bad i am too poor to pay the sign-up fee:(

what sign up fee?

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Yeah, I have one. Mostly I just rant and complain a lot.

<---Same name there as here.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Kwan1

its free now :D

Stratum9

Apr 13, 2002
Originally posted by: astroview
No, because I'm not pretentious enough to think that tons of people will read me writing about how I slept in this morning and made a sandwich.

My sentiments exactly. I do keep a journal but it's in a password-protected Word doc that I use to record and develop creative writing ideas.

I've never understood the point of blogs and live journals. Most of the one's I've read are dull and uninteresting. And do they really think anybody jumps out of bed in the morning excited about reading a daily update of someone's journal? Unless they're posting nude pics everyday, I doubt it.

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
I have one. I too have the opinion that the collective internet is probably not all that interested in reading about the daily goings-on in my life, so I don't post them. It's depressing to see where someone's typed out pages and pages about how awful their life is without a single comment to affirm that anybody's reading it :(

I went ahead and added a few of you. If you see I added you, feel free to add me back :)

un = alliozz

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'd never seen one before this thread, so no.

I don't see how having one is "homosexual" though.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MagicianBdotCom
I got a hiplog... any sidekick hiptop users here? :p
I have a hiptop but I don't blog. Who wants to read mundane ramblings about my life?

SSibalNom

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2003
people i know that have them get made fun of, especially when we discover them and they were trying to keep it a secret

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
I had one...but only to...um...comment on other journals. At the time, you either had to pay for it or be given a code by an existing member. I'm sure it's free now, since xanga is free. I switched from livejournal to xanga because the livejournal line and/or servers sucked.