Does anyone here have 3D Dot Game Heros?

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I will be getting a PS3 this week and this game looks pretty interesting, is it good?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Meh.

I like the style and the little nods to Zelda are kind of funny, but all the little nods start turning into full blown cloning, and along with it came some old feeling controls and camera views. It plays exactly like Zelda, and in this day and age that makes it kind of slow and clunky. Didn't take long for me to hate the fuzzy depth of field filter they use to make everything seem tiny.

I didn't get very far before I got bored and moved on. It just didn't do anything apart from the visual style that hasn't been done for 15 years. All thought was put into the art style, and very little into the actual game.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
I loved the game for the same reasons gocorps got bored. I've been wanting an old school Zelda for years. Fantastic game IMO.

rolla94

Feb 28, 2006
absolutely loved it. If you like the old school Zelda games (the SNES one, a link to the past) then you will love this one. It plays just like that while adding a whole new level of weapon customization that I found pretty cool. Hope that you like it. I would also recommend Borderlands if you like FPS that play like a RPG. It's incredible as well.

Nightrainsrt4

Nov 18, 2010
I thought it played more like the original Zelda than aLttP. It had a more generic feel to it too than the lively world of aLttp.

That said, I loved the game. If I hadn't gotten ~15 games after christmas when Gamestop had buy2get1 I would have replayed it again instantly. Tons of hidden things to find. Great game if you like that old school feel.

It did take me time to get used to the depth of field. I had changed my view instantly, as the default was too close. I changed it to B I think, been a while. It is the same view as the default dungeon view.

I picked my copy up off ebay for $13 shipped.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I loved the game for the same reasons gocorps got bored. I've been wanting an old school Zelda for years. Fantastic game IMO.

Same.

I love the 2d zelda games and 3d dot game heroes is an excellent take on those games. It's a bit weird at times, but it's very good.

One of my favorite games on the PS3.