Does anyone have Geil Golden Dragon PC-3500 1GB (2x512MB) memory?

HawkeyeARK

May 7, 2000
I don't have their Golden Dragon stuff, but the regular PC3200 Geil modules I have from them work great. I'm currently running them at 460mhz with CAS 2.5, 6-3-3. I had to up the voltage to the modules, but they are rock solid now with my n-force 2 board. I would imagine that their golden dragon modules are good overclockers. They use a different process (WLCSP) than most modules, which is suppose to improve signal quality and heat dissapation.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: HawkeyeARK
I don't have their Golden Dragon stuff, but the regular PC3200 Geil modules I have from them work great. I'm currently running them at 460mhz with CAS 2.5, 6-3-3. I had to up the voltage to the modules, but they are rock solid now with my n-force 2 board. I would imagine that their golden dragon modules are good overclockers. They use a different process (WLCSP) than most modules, which is suppose to improve signal quality and heat dissapation.

Geez, what voltage are you using? PC3200 running at 460 too?

That WLCSP package apparently does wonders for heat - those things not only do not need heatspreaders, but they actually use plastic over the chips, just to protect them from damage. I wonder if videocards will try this method, or if BGA is working well enough for them.