Does anyone have a working copy of any of the Ultima 7 games?

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I was looking for a bit of nostalgia, and figured one of my first game passions would be a good start. So I tried to install Ultima 7 and the Forge of Virtue... looks like my disks are corrupt. So I tried Serpent's Isle... disks are corrupt.

Durn it!

Does anyone have a working copy of either/all of those? I know they released a combo CD with both titles and both expansions... but I don't know where I can find it. Not that I want to spend money on a game I already have.

LiekOMG

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2000
My Ultima Collectors edition CD has like Ultima 0-8 on it I believe. It came with my copy of Ultima 9.

imported_Kiwi

Golden Member
Jul 17, 2004
Originally posted by: SunnyD
I was looking for a bit of nostalgia, and figured one of my first game passions would be a good start. So I tried to install Ultima 7 and the Forge of Virtue... looks like my disks are corrupt. So I tried Serpent's Isle... disks are corrupt..
I suppose you are referring to floppies. Those have a finite lifetime. I gave away a half closet full some while back. Most had reverted to blanks. If Garriott's company still existed, you might have a chance to swap bad floppies for a CD for a small service charge. It is still a copyrighted item. No one else can legally make you a copy from their CD.

With some careful shopping on Amazon, or eBay, or another surplus/ used sales outlet, you should be able to find what you want on CD inexpensively enough.

:(

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: Kiwi
It is still a copyrighted item. No one else can legally make you a copy from their CD.

Thank you for the moral opinion. I own a license to the game. Media is media, no matter where it comes from. EULA's ftw.

DOACleric - my copy of Ultima 9 never came with that. :( Oh well.