Does anyone have a windows xp home disc that they could send me?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
There are two other soldiers who for different reasons need to reinstall xp home. Both have the cd code printed on a sticker on the bottom. And both are unusable without an xp home disc. If someone can send me one, I'll pm you my address.

Under NO circumstances do I want an illegal copy with a pirated serial. If I wanted that, I could go the the hadji shop and buy one for $3.

Update - Got it Thanks!

Thanks Xanas and Crono who said they'd send out discs. And Crucial and ViperGTS who offered as well. Saved these guys a few bucks from buying recovery cd's assuming all goes smooth!

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: Smartazz
Would it be legal for you to download the iso online?

I don't *think* so, but maybe if you did it without enabling any sort of uploading?

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000

Sure. It's just media. Since they have the actual cd-key sticker, then they have a license to use XP home.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Canai

I don't *think* so, but maybe if you did it without enabling any sort of uploading?

Good luck with that on a military network. It'd be far easier for someone to send him the disk.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003

If it's legal to download, why not upload? Chances are that most will include a key of some sort or crack or something and so this becomes illegal just because of that.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo

If it's legal to download, why not upload? Chances are that most will include a key of some sort or crack or something and so this becomes illegal just because of that.

Well, when I got caught torrenting, it was for making copyrighted material available to others, not for downloading it.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001

Internet is way to slow, and only using public computer at the moment.

As far as OEM or Retail, I really dont know. One laptop is a Dell, one is an Averetec. Your guess is better then mine at which copy they have.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
TallBill, is this for use on an Army network? More details, please.

No, just two personal laptops, and from my understanding both would just need a regular OEM disc.

Jan 31, 2002
Install from a pirate copy, then re-run the activation wizard, choose "over the phone" and choose "Change CD-Key" to the legit one. You'll have to do the phone call routine, but it should work.

Failing that, PM me and I'll see if I can send you a couple of blank CDs. ;)

- M4H

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Install from a pirate copy, then re-run the activation wizard, choose "over the phone" and choose "Change CD-Key" to the legit one. You'll have to do the phone call routine, but it should work.

- M4H

One guy tried that and now his version of xp is in Arabic! :D

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

- M4H

One guy tried that and now his version of xp is in Arabic! :D

:laugh:

Never thought about the language barrier. Good call.

- M4H