Does anyone have a memory module I can borrow?

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
My uncle's laptop decided to stop working. I tried to run various troubleshooting utilities, but I wasn't able to boot anything properly. I tried various bootable discs from Win XP, Ubuntu, and Hiren's BootCD, but none of them worked. I was able to get the discs startup screen and menu, but running any of the selection produced an error.

I was only able to get MemTest that came with the Ubuntu package to run. It indicated that it had 100% memory errors. However, I am still not completely sold on the idea that the laptop's failure is strictly due to a bad RAM module.

Before I tell him to buy a replacement RAM, I was wondering if anyone has any spare RAM module that is compatible with a Toshiba A65 Satellite laptop. It doesn't matter if it is 16MB or 256MB, I just wanted to verify if it really is a memory failure.

This would be considered compatible RAM specs:
- DDR PC2700 ? CL=2.5 ? UNBUFFERED ? NON-ECC ? DDR333 ? 2.5V
- 200-pin SODIMM

I would gladly pay for shipping. If you are in the Tampa area, then we can meet at a Panera Bread some place. You bring the memory module. I'll bring the laptop. Then, I'll buy you lunch.

Thanks!

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll look around locally. I have one friend who has a Toshiba laptop, so I'll give him a try later on today. The reason why I want to try putting in a memory module first is because if that is really the solution, then I'll tell my uncle to go ahead and invest on a 1GB stick for his laptop.