Does anyone have a Big Skinny wallet? or ALL-ETT billfold?

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
?????????
Both are thin wallets.
I have about 10 credit cards things I have to keep with me, and it makes my wallet big and uncomfortable.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
what are you really asking?
Could I be clearer than this>
Topic Title: Does anyone have a Big Skinny wallet?
Topic Summary: Do you like it?

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005
mine's big, but not skinny!

link to said product will help the uninformed (like me)

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
nothing special, you take your detachable id pocket away and your wallet will be skinny too.

Dec 27, 2001
I use the Dopp Getaway. I like it a lot. Only hassle is folding the money before you put it in, but holds 7-8 cards comfortably.

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: glen
?????????
Both are thin wallets.
I have about 10 credit cards things I have to keep with me, and it makes my wallet big and uncomfortable.

So you're saying that the wallet isn't the problem. That "big skinny" doesn't appear to have enough room for your all cards anyways, and if you could fit them it would be a tight fit and annoying to get the cards out.

I suggest you get a small men's carryall. It's not a purse, it's European.

evilsaint

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2006
Get a JFold. Mine is stuffed to the brim, four "pockets" on each side with two cards of some sort in them, plus a few more inside the inlaid pocket, plus cash (not enough, however, to make any difference in thickness :p), and it's still comfortable, reasonably thin, and holds up under abuse. Fits just fine in everything from tailored dress pants to tight jeans to whichever type of pocket you can find. Very stylish too, and they have *tons* of different color-schemes and styles.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I have an All-Ett, and my arse is happy with it. :D

Anything in particular you wanted to know?

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I bought an All-ett and I HATED it. I did not like the material at all. Now I have a Dopp Regatta 88 which is great.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: trmiv
I bought an All-ett and I HATED it. I did not like the material at all. Now I have a Dopp Regatta 88 which is great.

QFT. I just got the Regatta 88 and its pretty nice (fits comfortably in front pocket). Although, i only fit about 4-5 folded bills, 3 credit cards, 2 photo ID, 1 MBTA pass. 10 credit cards is not gonna make it in the Regtta 88. I use a card holder for my health insurance and renter's insurance cards (as well as other store membership cards) which fits nicely in my rear pocket.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: glen
?????????
Both are thin wallets.

This thread will help you:

http://forums.anandtech.com/me..._key=y&keyword1=wallet

I bought a Jimi and I liked it but it was cheap and has broken on me. The piece that holds the lid that closes it up was pretty thin and started getting a crack in it within a month. It's now broken completely off.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Maybe you should carry around less cards?

I carry like 5 cards with me + cash and I find that it's pretty burdensome.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
Maybe you should carry around less cards?

I carry like 5 cards with me + cash and I find that it's pretty burdensome.

cards are burdensome...hence wallet designs.

I can't remember the name of it, but that device that can store all your cards and program it to a one-time use one is awesome.

I have a lot of cards...different CC's for different types of purchases esp store cards that get unique sales, quite a few that relate to my job, spare house and car key (both flat cut), insurance cards, etc...it's a ton. Most I don't carry everyday. My main wallet criteria is window for id that can be flipped open without showing the rest of the contents and card capacity while remaining flat.

Since I am now 36 and have passed the age where I don't get ID'd too much the ID window is not needed. I am leaning towards the strap type deals or something like the Big Skinny.

They are also much cheaper than buying a $60 wallet once or twice a year.