Does anyone else here download games early with the glitch?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I keep reading online you can use a proxy to download games early. Does this really work?

Wouldn't a VPN be better ?

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Ya, actually, I remember now.

You gotta find glitch_early_download_1.8.1.exe and download that.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
If the publisher releases games in a different country/region earlier than they are available in your area, then you could theoretically use a proxy to make the system think you are in an area where it has already been released, but then you'll probably also get a version of the game specific to that region so it may or may not work properly anyway (assuming you even get a version in the correct language).

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I've done the VPN trick a few times to play games a day early. Did it for Battlefield 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and FarCry 3. Works fine but you have to connect to the VPN each time you launch the game, if you just keep it minimized and turn the VPN off the game still runs fine.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I've done the VPN trick a few times to play games a day early. Did it for Battlefield 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and FarCry 3. Works fine but you have to connect to the VPN each time you launch the game, if you just keep it minimized and turn the VPN off the game still runs fine.

Thanks this is exactly what I needed to know.