Does anyone else have a problem accessing this site? slow connection?

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
For some reason this site is always slower than other webpages I access. At first I thought it was related to my isp, but I get the same problem at home and at work. Then just recently I transferred to a different office at my job which is more than 50 miles away and I still get slow load times on this page.

Anyone else out there with this problem? Is there a way to speed up the access?

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
yah, seems like if you're not a subscriber it can get slow at times but I'm trying to ease my expenses so can't subscribe at the moment. Want to eventually though :) This site is definitely worth it.

SHoddyCOmp

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2002
yea, but my internet is slow too for the last week or so atleast. its kinda getting to me :frown:

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
It's on the server's side; they capped the bandwidth utilized for the non-subscriber users to cut down on the costs (after all there are thousands of lurking people here 24/7). There is absolutely nothing you can do on your end except for subscribing (costing money).

edit- I remembered there is one thing you can do, switch a setting in the customize area from enhanced to standard. This will disable avatars and smileys thus reducing bandwidth usage. It doesn't make much of a diff for me though..