Does anyone else hate cooking?

benjpw

Banned
Jul 13, 2007
Does anyone else on ATOT hate cooking? I hate the time it takes to prepare a meal, eat, and then clean - I could be playing BF2 or CSS during that time - siting over a stove or going between the stove and the tv is sooo boring after a day at work. I also dislike the taste (most likely because I am a bad cook and dislike American fare, which is waht is easiest to cook - i.e. chicken and rice, etc. If I could make Southern foods like fried chicken I would.) Sandwhiches and salad are of course easy to make and are the exception.

Does anyone else enjoy eating out or eating fastfood as much as I?

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I love to cook, it's interesting and fun to try new recipes. I would have become a chef if I hadn't picked my current profession.

melchoir

Nov 3, 2002
Yeah, I have my girlfriend cook.. Works great. I grill a few times a week, and she cooks every other night. F fast food.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
I can sympathize with the OP somewhat - I don't like doing dishes and such. However, my desire to eat healthy outweighs my dislike of doing dishes. Even still, if I don't feel like cooking, I can just make a protein shake that is perfectly healthy and requires minimal prep and cleanup time.

I would say that saving money is another reason, but when you eat 4k+ cals per day, and with the advent of dollar menus, I'm not so sure I'm saving money by eating healthy.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I like to cook when I can find time.

I kinda get that Dr. Frankenstein playing around in his laboratory feel for it when I'm winging it.

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I rarely cook, although if someone else did the dishes and took the time to buy groceries I would cook all the time. I just really can't be bothered to go to the store when I have so many delivery options.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: Dacalo
I love to cook, it's interesting and fun to try new recipes. I would have become a chef if I hadn't picked my current profession.

i was an italian cook for years, is a great job if you can handle it. only reason i quit was the restaurant went out of business (bad partner stuff) and i just couldnt see working my way up to a management thing again. i love to cook, and i love it more now that my kids are interested in it and help me out doing it. makes it much more fun.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
I love cooking, cleaning up the dishes/pots/pans afterwards sucks though (I've never used or had a dishwasher before)

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
I love cooking BUT I HATE DISHES SO MUCH DAMN YOU DISHES YOU ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTANCE I DONT EVEN HAVE A DISH WASHER IN MY APARTMENT YOU DIRTY BASTARDS MAKE ME NOT WANT TO COOK!!

ahem, that is why cooking shows have it so nice, someone else does the dishes for them!

clickynext

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2004
My cheapness overpowers my laziness so I cook or eat some kind of meal put together from canned stuff, noodles, etc.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Me and my mate cook after training sessions on Mon and Wed. When we move in together we'll cook most nights together. Cooking for 2 is a lot better as we share the cooking and cleaning. We also cook more so we can have left over for work at lunchtimes. MUCH better value and tastes great.

I enjoy cooking. It's quite therapeutic and the food smells nice :thumbsup:

BUT cooking for one sucks ass...I just drive to my parents shop and pick up whatever from the Fish and Chip or Chinese takeaway menu :p. It's only a 2min drive from our house :p

Koing

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Grilling > cooking, imo. My mom cooks so well, it's not even worth trying to compete with her. Instead, my dad and I marinate and make some of the best steaks/chicken/kebabs ever. ;)

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: benjpw
Does anyone else on ATOT hate cooking? I hate the time it takes to prepare a meal, eat, and then clean - I could be playing BF2 or CSS during that time - siting over a stove or going between the stove and the tv is sooo boring after a day at work. I also dislike the taste (most likely because I am a bad cook and dislike American fare, which is waht is easiest to cook - i.e. chicken and rice, etc. If I could make Southern foods like fried chicken I would.) Sandwiches and salad are of course easy to make and are the exception.

Does anyone else enjoy eating out or eating fast food as much as I?

Spell checking courtesy of SeaMonkey.
Nope , I love it and have been cooking since I was a little kid.

beguile

Oct 28, 2004
I would love to learn how to cook. My friend's actually teaching me how to make claw chowder and other dishes. Love to cook for my future wife. Dishes ain't even an issue.

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
I love to cook! I love cooking for my wife and children. Also for my in-laws, family members, friends, etc. I'm 35 now and I've cooked evers since I can remember. I've always loved it.:thumbsup::D You just dont like it maybe due to lack of experience. Start with simple things just for yourself. Then start making more simple things for you and someone else. Keep practicing......before you know it you'll be making full blown meals for a few people. Make sure you get quality cooking ware thought. Because it does matter what you cook with.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Well I don't want to die of a heart attack at the age of 30 so I avoid fast food and eating out as much as I can.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
Having meals made for you is like heaven. I hate hate hate to cook. When I'm hungry I want to eat right then. I'd give anything to have a live in cook.

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Love cooking. Course I have a lot of time on my hands. I bet as school gets going again I will love being cooked for.