Does ANYONE actually like Applebees?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Manuwell

Jan 19, 2006
I don't go to applebees unless there's nothing else around. I find the menu pretty bland. I kinda liked their Quesadilla-burger last time I've been therebut the fries were cold and overall terrible.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: neutralizer
Originally posted by: GuideBot
The only reason I go to Applebees is because the waitresses there are EASILY the hottest around. By a LONG shot.

Why not go to Hooters then? At least you can enjoy the wings and the view.

Hooters is just slutty. Applebees waitresses dress classy. That's another reason!

Classy > Slutty

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
The only reason I go to Applebees is because the waitresses there are EASILY the hottest around. By a LONG shot.

Hooters is just slutty. Applebees waitresses dress classy. That's another reason!

Classy > Slutty

I don't remember noting that the Applebees waitresses were classy the last time I went. Oh well. I don't go to restaurants for the view. I go for the food.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Can't stand the place...it'll be interesting to see what happens now that IHOP owns them...

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
No, I don't like it. Every single time I've eaten there, I have had an upset stomach, followed by general intestinal unpleasantness better left undescribed.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Not really. When I go to Tri-Cities WA or Boise to go shopping or whatever, it is usually a toss-up between applebees and Olive Garden. Olive Garden always wins.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
No, I don't like it. Every single time I've eaten there, I have had an upset stomach, followed by general intestinal unpleasantness better left undescribed.

That sounds like the one time I made the bad choice of eating at Fresh Choice.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
The only thing i would order or consume at applebees is beer. In a bottle, please.

You must go to the same Applebees as me. It think it's a rule at Applebees that you cannot clean the beer lines. The last 2 times I went there I sent the beer back b/c it tasted like rotting rust. I've only sent beer back 2 times in my entire life if that gives you an idea. I cannot believe more people don't complain there.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
I only like their 3 Cheese Chicken Penne.

Its freaking amazing! I would eat that for every meal for the rest of my life if I had enough money.

I can't believe I spelled chicken wrong :(

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I don't dislike too many places but I actually think Applebee's is pretty terrible. I kind of am grateful to them though. They caused me to sit down and realize alot of food joints are actually really mediocre. You know those places (either chains or just in town) where you go for lunch with your coworkers. It's never great and never terrible. Just really OK but you keep going there. Why? I need to stop.

Applebees
BJ's (only Pazookie is good here)
Chilis
Chevys
Cheesecake Factory (hit or miss)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

At the few Hooters I've been to, the waitresses looked like they only worked there because they weren't hot enough to be strippers.

Then again I've known strippers who weren't hot enough to be strippers.

GregGreen

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
Appetizers are half-off after 9 pm. That's the only reason to like Applebees.

TRUTH. They also have two dollar domestic pints, which isn't such a bad deal

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Applebees, Chilis, Bennigans, Fridays, they're all the same.

I kind of like them, but rarely really eat dinner there. They're a great place to go after a movie for some appetizers and a beer.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I only go late night when I want to have 2fers with my friends and we don't feel like going to a bar.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
sadly in the town i used to live (Dekalb IL) Applebees and Ruby tuesdays were the "best" place to go.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Applebees = teh suck.

Ditto for the others mentioned here. Applebees takes the cake though............they just don't have good food.

Anyway............Red Robin OWNS!!!! :cool: