Does anybody else think it's bull the way NFL is teating Vick?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
I think any punishment he gets is going to be too light.
Personally I would put a shock collar, like the ones they use on the dogs to make them aggressive. Have it set to randomly shock once an hour or two so he didn't know it was coming.

Or even better, put him behind the fence with the dogs he mistreated.
http://www.usanimalprotection.org/gypsy.htm

Look at that link and then tell me you can have any sympathy for these sob.

ColdFusion718

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Zebo
Now the Falcons are going to suspend him for 4 games due to fighting animals allegations. keep in mind when you're suspended no pay either. Since when was an indictment a guilty verdict? I think it's a shame.

Oh boo freaking hoo! Yeah let's all dig deep in our pockets and set up some donations for this guy.

Jesus Holy Christ! The way professional athletes get worshiped in this country truly amazes me. Personally, if you are in such a public spot light, you should hold yourself to a higher standard than the typical person. Young kids are always looking up to these people as role models.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: Wreckem
That's the problem with some people here. Instead of having a normal merit based discussion, it's all about emotions and drama. That's why we get a lot of stupid laws, because something "feels" right at the moment.

So based on your comments, you would allow murder if it was done on a persons private property?

Huh? People have a right to life from the Constitution. Show me where there are such rights for dogs?

I say we bring back slavery. I mean slaves are property too, might as well allow us to do what we want with them. And since slaves were considered sub-human, I guess it justified the use of them as property. Who needs to treat life as life.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Do you guys buy free range eggs too? I went to the store today, and the free range ones were 4 times more than the regular eggs.
Now why would it matter if the egg is free range or not? It's just an egg. You cook it and you eat it. Also, I wouldn't buy a shampoo that wasn't tested on animals. Seriously, if your hair product is not safe to use on animals, I don't want it on my head. But that's the extent to which this animal rights mentality has gotten to. People are equating animal rights to human rights. How many dogs are euthanized every day and don't get any chance in life? At least these fighting dogs have a chance to fight for their life.
BTW, I don't own animals, bet on any sort of animal sports or approve of torturing animals, but I just think its kind of silly to have the federal government protecting animals. If a town wants to pass a local ordinance against it and enforce it, maybe. But FBI? They should have better things to do.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: glutenberg
Originally posted by: Wreckem
That's the problem with some people here. Instead of having a normal merit based discussion, it's all about emotions and drama. That's why we get a lot of stupid laws, because something "feels" right at the moment.

So based on your comments, you would allow murder if it was done on a persons private property?

Huh? People have a right to life from the Constitution. Show me where there are such rights for dogs?

I say we bring back slavery. I mean slaves are property too, might as well allow us to do what we want with them. And since slaves were considered sub-human, I guess it justified the use of them as property. Who needs to treat life as life.

When a dog can do algebra, get back to me.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Looks like his "buddy" is going to turn feds evidence and nail Vick.
Yeap, looks like Vick is toast.
He is looking at 2-3 years in prison and most likely never plays for the NFL again.
Way to much pressure will be brought on any team who tries to sign him.

Jun 27, 2005

He won't be the only one. My guess is that Taylor got a sneak-peek at that superseding indictment and decided that his current charges were quite enough thankyouverymuch. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks what he just side-stepped.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Yeap, looks like Vick is toast.
He is looking at 2-3 years in prison and most likely never plays for the NFL again.
Way to much pressure will be brought on any team who tries to sign him.

Yeah...

Like its been said before...these are Federal Charges, not some city, county, or even state deal.

Vick probably had his chance to "plead out" but thought his celebrity would get him out of it.

Well...

zach0624

Jul 13, 2007
I'm personally happy Vick got suspended. I think the NFL or Falcons or whoever actually suspended him made the right decision. You have to realize pro atheletes are role models for kids these days, I know I'm 16 and I have friends that worship Vick. In almost any other job you would be put on leave or fired with such serious fedral charges. It is nice the NFL is cracking down on stuff like this. I can't remember who but a year or two ago someone in the NFL (a lineman Ithink) was arrested for grand theft auto. Even someone who sits on the bench is paid enough that they don't need to steal a car. My point is the NFL was smart in suspending Vick because they need too set an example for future generations so that kids know these things aren't cool and are wrong.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: ColdFusion718
Originally posted by: Zebo
Now the Falcons are going to suspend him for 4 games due to fighting animals allegations. keep in mind when you're suspended no pay either. Since when was an indictment a guilty verdict? I think it's a shame.

Oh boo freaking hoo! Yeah let's all dig deep in our pockets and set up some donations for this guy.

Jesus Holy Christ! The way professional athletes get worshiped in this country truly amazes me.

My feelings also. Pro athletics are a joke. They get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for playing a game. And then the guy goes out and gets involved in dog fighting. Kinda odd if you ask me. What is the appeal of fighting dogs? Kinda sick.. Stuff like this is antisocial (clinically speaking) and sign of serious mental illness. Of course, I don't understand why anyone would expect much from pro athletes anyway.