Does a PCI-to-PCMCIA adaptor card exist for desktop PCs?

Stattlich

Jul 6, 2004
I can't find one on eBay, Froogle or anywhere I know to look traditionally. I've seen them in the past I thought, but no longer. Anybody have a better clue than me?

Application is for a WiFi PCMCIA laptop card with a desktop PC into a PCI bay slot. A 3.5" bay 'drive' adaptor would work as well. This sounds stupid and definitely not cost-effective I know, but it's a long story. I just need to find that adaptor- thanks!

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I have one you can have for $15 shipped. Looks like the one linked to by Smitty308.

Matthias99

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Stattlich
I can't find one on eBay, Froogle or anywhere I know to look traditionally. I've seen them in the past I thought, but no longer. Anybody have a better clue than me?

Application is for a WiFi PCMCIA laptop card with a desktop PC into a PCI bay slot. A 3.5" bay 'drive' adaptor would work as well. This sounds stupid and definitely not cost-effective I know, but it's a long story. I just need to find that adaptor- thanks!

How did you have problems finding these? You suck at teh searching. :p

Google is your friend.
So is Froogle.

Here's one place that has both PCI and 3.5" bay versions:

link

Stattlich

Jul 6, 2004
Beauty! Thanks for your help, folks- that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll consider yours and get back with you, RaiderJ.