Dodge Tomahawk concept motorcycle: 500hp, over 300mph top speed

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Detroit, Michigan - Perhaps the oddest vehicle introduced in Detroit on Monday was the V10 powered Dodge Tomahawk concept. This four-wheel, single-passenger vehicle has a 500-horsepower Viper V-10 engine powering the dual rear wheels which gives it a potential top speed of nearly 400 miles per hour, "for anyone who wants to test it," says the company. Its 0 to 60 mph time is estimated at 2.5 seconds.

"The Dodge brand philosophy always challenges us to grab life by the horns," said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Design, Chrysler Group. "In the case of Tomahawk, grabbing and holding onto anything for dear life is a necessity."

Initial reaction to the concept vehicle came in two words: "Wow" and "why." "This is a bold faced slap against mediocrity," Creed said. "Tomahawk is a scintillating example of what creative minds can do when given the opportunity to run free. It is a pure mechanical sculpture and a joyous celebration of the artistry and emotion of design."

:Q:Q:Q:Q

Link to article

Link to longer article

I searched and didn't see any other threads so bite me :)

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Oh yeah, it IS a repost of a repost of a repost... I didn't know it was called the Tomahawk though. That's pretty funny.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001

Well, this is only the 3rd one :)

Of course, I will read everything anyone has to say out this bike.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: SithSolo1
Evadman, I will pay anything to see you test this bike.

I will pay anything to test that bike :)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Evadman

Don't forget the life insurance! :)

That bike looks awesome, Evil Kneivil(sp) would love to jump the Grand Canyon on that I bet.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: glen

Well, this is only the 3rd one :)

Of course, I will read everything anyone has to say out this bike.

I think this is the fifth repost.

that's what i was thinking....and seeing it 5000 times on my motorcycle boards, i'm tired of this stupid thing already!

-=bmacd=-

BooneRebel

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
Despite the number of reposts (or in fact, because of them): Dodge has done exactly what they set out to do, which is to call attention to themselves through the unveiling of a concept vehicle. Regardless of whether or not it ever makes it to production, they've already made their money off of it.

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski

Don't forget the life insurance! :)

That bike looks awesome, Evil Kneivil(sp) would love to jump the Grand Canyon on that I bet.

The insurance will probably cost more than the bike itself ;)

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Man, can't Dodge stop reusing that old truck engine? Jeez, it's so old the only way they can get more power out of it is to make it bigger. :p