Dodge Alert: Dangerous Ball Joints on Durangos & Dakotas - Join Class Action Suit linked in here if you've been affected

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Without commenting on the merits of the issue, I'd like to point out that filing a lawsuit doesn't mean a claim has merit.

But it certainly does in Dave's mind. Hell, even if only 1 ball joint were to fail it'd be an atrocity in his mind.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Corn
Without commenting on the merits of the issue, I'd like to point out that filing a lawsuit doesn't mean a claim has merit.

But it certainly does in Dave's mind. Hell, even if only 1 ball joint were to fail it'd be an atrocity in his mind.

People like a lot of you right here in AT supporting the crapping on the consumer that these giant Corporations are doing is the reason they are getting away with it, you guys must be so proud.
rolleye.gif

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

People like a lot of you right here in AT supporting the crapping on the consumer that these giant Corporations are doing is the reason they are getting away with it, you guys must be so proud.
rolleye.gif

As must you with all your lies, exaggerations, and BS you post here.
rolleye.gif

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Gaard
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

rolleye.gif

As must you with all your lies, exaggerations, and BS you post here.
rolleye.gif

Hmmm interesting. Having a problem with the Truth huh? My posts are backed up with articles by News articles and Organizations around the world, one of the perks and true power of the Internet.

Unless I become a Journalist at the N.Y. Times and really start making up News Stories your little rant has no merit.
Enjoy :D

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Guess I'll just frigging walk everywhere in my bare feet. can't wear Nike or any other brand because they use sweatshops and such. I can't wear natural shoes like moccasins - because PETA will picket me.

New Balance actually makes some of its shoes in the US, they have 5 US factories still going. So you just need to find the made in USA ones.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

Getting away with what, Dave? Most of your "facts" are easily dismissed personal anecdotes that are impossible to prove, like your previous run-in's with Dodge not "owning up" to the supposed problems with a vehicle out of warranty and another one that should have been covered under warranty--but for some reason you managed to get the only Neon not offered with a 7/70,000 powertrain warranty.

Tall tales indeed!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: quikah

Guess I'll just frigging walk everywhere in my bare feet. can't wear Nike or any other brand because they use sweatshops and such. I can't wear natural shoes like moccasins - because PETA will picket me.

New Balance actually makes some of its shoes in the US, they have 5 US factories still going. So you just need to find the made in USA ones.

Probably make them with all sorts of nasty chemicals that pollute our envirnment, and <gasp> they probably have some with leather on them. Sorry.

:p

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Getting away with what, Dave? Most of your "facts" are easily dismissed personal anecdotes that are impossible to prove, like your previous run-in's with Dodge not "owning up" to the supposed problems with a vehicle out of warranty and another one that should have been covered under warranty--but for some reason you managed to get the only Neon not offered with a 7/70,000 powertrain warranty.

Tall tales indeed!

Just saw this. I have all of the documentation including the original sale in October 1999 for the 2000 Neon with only 3/36,000 as well as the documentation of the failing plugs, head and transmission.

I will gladly scan them and post of the web if you are that Anal. I should not have to with every post having back up links and quotes.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Well, lets see.

I can't buy DC cars anymore because of this ball joint thing.
I can't buy Fords because of the pinto, and the Explorer tire deal.
I can't buy GMs because Nader says so.
I can't buy foreign cars because no matter how much of the car is built here, people whine about money going over seas.

/me goes off to find a non-worldly place in this world.

rolleye.gif

CkG

Come on Cad, stop your whining. What would Jesus drive? Well, a pair of sandals most likely. But when he had to go somewhere fast: donkey cart. See? Problem solved.
Most ironic bumper sticker I ever saw. A WWJD sticker on a gold custom lexus SUV ;)

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I have all of the documentation including the original sale in October 1999 for the 2000 Neon with only 3/36,000 as well as the documentation of the failing plugs, head and transmission.

I will gladly scan them and post of the web if you are that Anal. I should not have to with every post having back up links and quotes.

Please do. If true, it is remarkable to know that P. T. Barnum was right, especially in your case. Apparently you bought the only Neon that didn't come with the standard 7/70,000 powertrain warranty offered. Yes, please do scan and post your documentation.