Doctor Who is back! New season starts April 2008.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://www.scifi.com/sja/

NEW YORK (February 4, 2008) ? SCI FI Channel has acquired the fourth season of People's Choice Award-nominated Doctor Who and the phenomenally popular series' new spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures from BBC Worldwide America. Both series are slated to premiere on SCI FI in April 2008.

The Sarah Jane Adventures is written and produced by the same creative team behind Doctor Who, including multiple-award-winning writer Russell T Davies. Having traveled the universe with The Doctor, Sarah Jane (Elisabeth Sladen) is used to alien encounters. Accompanied by her new young friends Maria, Luke and Clyde, she becomes embroiled in an offbeat world of mystery and danger.

In season four of Doctor Who, David Tennant reprises his role as the tenth Time Lord. For his latest adventures, he is joined by a brand-new companion, Donna Noble, played by award-winning actress Catherine Tate (The Catherine Tate Show, BBC AMERICA) who appeared as "the runaway bride" in the previous season. Martha Jones, played by Freema Agyeman, the Doctor's most recent companion, who had a dramatic role last season's finale, makes a triumphant return in the middle of season four.

It looks like they will have Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who and Sarah Jane all running at the same time.
It's seems sort of strange but tv.com says there are only ten episodes of Sarah Jane plus some sort of special episode. I guess the Brits do it different.
Oh, and Sarah Jane will have her pet with her.
Remember who?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Rose will also return for a few episodes in Season 4.

And the pet? Why K-9 of course! Not that hard of a question considering Sarah Jane, K-9, and Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer were in an episode in Season 2 of the new Doctor Who.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJ
Rose will also return for a few episodes in Season 4.

And the pet? Why K-9 of course! Not that hard of a question considering Sarah Jane, K-9, and Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer were in an episode in Season 2 of the new Doctor Who.

I think Martha will also be back a bit in season 4. From what I hear the Doctor will have all the "companionship" he can handle.
And I had forgotten about Giles.
I guess its kind of thing for British actors to do a guest shot on Dr. Who.
And I hope they start the season with the special "Voyage of the Dammed" instead of skipping it.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tasmanian
Stupid seasons. Why cant they just have a new episode every week year long.
For Doctor Who in particular, it's advantageous for SciFi to run the episodes as soon as they can. BBC doesn't even start the season until April, it looks like SciFi may airing these episodes 6 days behind. This is good for SciFi because people are more likely to just wait and watch Doctor Who on SciFi, than to pirate it from England. The longer the gap between the BBC and SciFi, the less people SciFi will have watching it.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
I'd also like to add that it's really strange seeing SciFi pick up The Sarah Jane Adventures. That's a children's show, you'd lump it in with things like Hannah Montana; SciFi has not in a long long time even tried to be a children's network or children-friendly network. My first thought is that they're going to run this in the 8pm time slot, Dr. Who in the 9pm slot, and then BSG in the 10pm slot, and this would be a very very bad idea. There's nothing wrong with putting a family-friendly show like Dr. Who (scaring British children for over 40 years) on the SciFi Friday block, but a kiddie show as the 8pm lead is a good way to kill the block.