"Doctor removes 23 contact lenses from patient's eye" with video of procedure in link!

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
https://abc7news.com/eye-contacts-lenses-dr-katerina-kurteeva-contact-lens/12346699/

Gross image of procedure.
khambaalu.jpg

She said her patient is doing just fine now and is back to her everyday routine. She even wants to continue wearing contact lenses moving forward.

How did this happen? Kurteeva said even the patient herself doesn't understand how she could have forgotten to take her lenses out so many days in a row.

Maybe she needs to start wearing glasses if she somehow was able to insert 23 lens into her eye without even thinking about it. o_O

I've worn contacts for 30 years. Over that time, I've occasionally had one slip up into the corner of my eye. However, it was so uncomfortable with just one lens, I can't imagine the pressure of having 23 of them stuck up in there!

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I've worn contacts for 30 years. Over that time, I've occasionally had one slip up into the corner of my eye. However, it was so uncomfortable with just one lens, I can't imagine the pressure of having 23 of them stuck up in there!

This! I don't wear them any more now that I've gotten older and my eyes have dried a bit but it's pretty uncomfortable when one slips out of position. Anyone who slaps in 23 of them without removing any of the proceeding ones shouldn't be allowed to use them without supervision!
Hell, they probably shouldn't be allowed out without supervision!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Has to be at least one cm thick by then. How do you miss that in your eyes?

Gave up on contacts after one round. Too annoying.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah I'm not watching that lol. Ugh I can't even imagine going through that. Just give me Lasik and be done with it. I went through it, and while it's not pleasant to go through, the entire procedure is shorter than the time it would take me to get contacts in if I even tried and it only needs to be done once.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's funny how they preface the video as being disturbing. I've worn contacts for 30 years and have no problem touching eye balls. I've had contacts rip and had to go hunting for the pieces in the top just like in the video.

• Wow
Reactions: Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The thought of that just makes me cringe. I can't imagine touching my own eye ball it just feels so wrong. Same with shoving stuff up my nose or throat. There's just something in me that makes me cringe at the idea of doing it. But eyes are much worse.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Been wearing contacts for 27 years. Been great but those few times a contact starts to float around your eye it can be very irritable. Some places are worse than others on the eyeball but this woman must have no nerve endings in her eyeball to not feel 23. I think this is a stunt.

Reactions: igor_kavinski