Do Zunes work with iPOD compatible car audio head units?

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by wheresmybacon, Sep 26, 2007.

1. wheresmybacon

wheresmybacon Diamond Member

I have a Zune, and I plan on installing a system into my car in the next month or two. My question is, I'm researching receivers and I keep seeing different decks advertising iPOD compatibility. Are these exclusive to iPOD or will the Zune work?

For example, Text.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Zunes work iPOD Forum Date
    Alcatel Idol 4S W10 - Touch screen not working sometimes... FIXED??? Mobile Devices Aug 1, 2018
    Modding Zune HD? Mobile Devices Jul 26, 2013
    Xbox Music (new Zune) to be [eventually] available on Android and iOS ! Mobile Devices Oct 4, 2012
    Microsoft announces Zune Tablet, 5 editions of Tablet OS Mobile Devices Jun 18, 2012
    To Zune owners... Mobile Devices Oct 27, 2011

3. ObscureCaucasian

ObscureCaucasian Diamond Member

If they iPod compatibly is a generic 3.5mm jack then yes, if it's the dock connector then no.

The receiver you listed shows "AUX Input" as "optional" so it could go both ways.

4. wheresmybacon

wheresmybacon Diamond Member

OK I see what you're saying. So I probably won't have any trouble playing the Zune through any system with an aux connection and 3.5 mm jack, but I won't have native control through the head unit itself.

Thanks

5. intogamer

intogamer Lifer

ipod cable = apple's properitory cable. so you can control the ipod through your head unit
    auxiliary 3.5mm = standard headphone jack. you gotta manually tune it on your mp3 device

Basically since ipod is so popular... a lot of stuff syncs with ipods. Basically the ipod cable is from the glove comparment and you just leave your ipod in there. Then you can tune it with your deck.

Auxilary is only receiving sounds. But it can be use for more stuff such as pda phone, laptop.