Do you...

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
I just heard this on my favorite radio show, and I wanted to know how ATers measured their worth. I know you all do it, how do you measure yourself against other people?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
nope.

where i live we usually get 2-3 a year. so i just buy a few candy bars to give them.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
no, we only get a handful each year due to the location where we live

Same. We are at the bottom of a long hill. Seemed like the parents and the kids come about halfway down before they decide they don't want to make the trip all the way to the bottom and hike back up.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
nah... my goal this year is not to get any trick or treaters.

even as a kid, I was never super big into Halloween, and it seems like recently, the trend has been to trick or treat on the saturday before halloween, as opposed to on the day itself, and frack that.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Our home has steps and a steep driveway, so I make a point to not be home on Halloween, and leave all the lights out. I'm too paranoid about some kid tripping over a too-long costume, falling down the steps and suing me for a billion dollars. Sad, I know.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: meltdown75
no but i rate this thread as 5 confused smilies

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

lol i agree

ours #s are speratic, one year we went through like 10lbs of candy and had to turn the lights off cause we ran out, it was a constant stream of kids, others we get like 20,

personally i wish we got 0 so i could do something else then sit by the door and hand out candy

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I measure myself by least number of idiotic threads started. That makes me another +1 vs you.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
I'm at the end of a dead-end, uphill street that's a quarter mile long with 4 houses on it. My neighborhood is about 50% retirees.

I'll let you guess how many TorT'ers we've had in the 10 years we've lived there :).

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
i like scaring people, so i dont care how much candy i give out... saves me cash if i can manage to keep people from actually reaching my front door, which has been about 50% in past years. i actually got "scolded" by a couple parents for having a scary house that made their kids cry on halloween. i told them to come back the next year and id make sure to scare the parents too. they dont stop at my house anymore. the past couple years we have been going to my sis in laws house so all the cousins can hang, and their decorations are the nonscary halloween, so it isnt the same. i miss my graveyard and zombies. im gonna do the fog zombie walk this year at their house tho, i have 3 teens that want to help scare people. should be fun!