Do you Yanks have an equivalent class of vehicles to Aussie Utes?

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
We used to have El Caminos and Rancheros, but they were dropped because they sucked.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
Utes..god damn Dug777 you are trying to convert this thread in to an Aussie one....
Yanks don't have Utes..they have sports coupes instead, which is really all the Aussie ute is...2 doors, no back seat, the only difference is the ute doesn't have a lock up boot:D

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Stumps
Utes..god damn Dug777 you are trying to convert this thread in to an Aussie one....
Yanks don't have Utes..they have sports coupes instead, which is really all the Aussie ute is...2 doors, no back seat, the only difference is the ute doesn't have a lock up boot:D

did you see those yank ute pics posted above, i almost chucked all over my keyboard!

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dug777

did you see those yank ute pics posted above, i almost chucked all over my keyboard!

yeah the yanks really havent made any nice cars in about 20 or so years..and they call our cars crap..at least ours can survive OUR conditions instead of the pampered US road system

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: dug777

yeah the yanks really havent made any nice cars in about 20 or so years..and they call our cars crap..at least ours can survive OUR conditions instead of the pampered US road system

Not our fault you're not civilized enough to pave roads... ;)

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
I don't know about you, but the GT, GT-P and F6 Typhoon (362 Horses and 405 Foot pounds of Torque...IN A FORD!) on the FPV page look hawt.

smc13

Jan 5, 2005

A ute is a sport coupe? I thought it was a truck with a fast engine. Heck, I can post pictures of 2-seat 2 door coupes.

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelHomePage/0,,120017,00.html

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/

http://www.chrysler.com/crossfire/features/photo_gallery/index.html

Though I think the ausie ute is more like the ssr

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Horus
I don't know about you, but the GT, GT-P and F6 Typhoon (362 Horses and 405 Foot pounds of Torque...IN A FORD!) on the FPV page look hawt.

a convert :D *steeples fingers in a manner reminiscent of Mr.Burns*