Discussion Do you wear a seatbelt when riding in the BACKSEAT of a car?

Do you wear a seatbelt when sitting in the BACKSEAT of a car?

• Yes, always in any car

• Yes and sometimes in Uber, Lyft or taxis

• Yes but not in Uber, Lyft or taxis

• Sometimes in any car

• Sometimes but not in Uber, Lyft or taxis

• Never in any car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 8, 2012
Yes. It's just kind of automatic for me. It's one of those things I just don't even think about since it's so automatic.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Voted. I just don't see why people don't wear seatbelts anymore, it's not like its inconvenient. The only time I won't wear a seatbelt is if its three grown ass men crammed into a small backseat and I don't want to fondle the man next to me.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Always wear one.

I can remember that in my youth my patents did not nor did I in the back seat. At that time there were just lap belts, even in the front. Those were not effective nor comfortable.

Given the laws over the last 30 years, it’s become automatic for me, both in the front and in the back of a vehicle. The technology has changed to now make the three point belt standard, they work much better, are increasingly more comfortable and now with three point belts in the back seat.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm in NJ and I voted Sometimes in Any Car. Which really should be most of the time. Occasionally in a short uber ride in town on city roads I won't buckle up in the back.

jellyrolly

Sep 30, 2020
I'm in NJ and I voted Sometimes in Any Car. Which really should be most of the time. Occasionally in a short uber ride in town on city roads I won't buckle up in the back.
If that's the case, you should select "Yes and sometimes in Uber, Lyft and Taxis".

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
The US version of my car has a bulky ugly lower dashboard because Americans don’t wear seatbelts apparently and it wouldn’t pass whatever no seatbelt safety test that they ran in the 90s. I sourced a Euro dash because I and any passenger in my car always wears one. So much cleaner and way more legroom.

jellyrolly

Sep 30, 2020
The US version of my car has a bulky ugly lower dashboard because Americans don’t wear seatbelts apparently and it wouldn’t pass whatever no seatbelt safety test that they ran in the 90s. I sourced a Euro dash because I and any passenger in my car always wears one. So much cleaner and way more legroom.
I don't understand this, what kind of car do you have?

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
When i'm in an uber/etc i put on a seatbelt as i don't trust the driver, when it's family driving a car i don't, however i'm almost always the one driving so it might be once a year. Why? i have no idea...

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Is this sarcasm or are you serious?
no i am serious. the only time i remember being bucked up in a back seat, was during a ride on a coach bus. I have *never* even known cars can have seatbelts on the back seats.

could it be that i've been a motorcycle rider since 1998, and here in the UK i've only been in black cabs (no seatbelts) or ubers.

• Haha
Reactions: killster1

jellyrolly

Sep 30, 2020
no i am serious. the only time i remember being bucked up in a back seat, was during a ride on a coach bus. I have *never* even known cars can have seatbelts on the back seats.
Ok, if adults don't buckle up in the backseat you do know that kids have car seats that they're strapped into right? Where are you located?

Reactions: killster1

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

could it be that i've been a motorcycle rider since 1998, and here in the UK i've only been in black cabs (no seatbelts) or ubers.
Legally, if you're a passenger, you are supposed to wear a seat belt in a black cab.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
It is the law and even if it weren't I would still buckle up no matter where I'm sitting in any car. I'm in California.

Unless you're driving a car that was manufactured prior to 1966 it should have seatbelts for all occupants. Only an idiot would not wear a seatbelt.

Reactions: jellyrolly