Do you wear a hat?

SwiftWind

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2004
If you do wear a hat...how often...and what kind?

I noticed the hat-wearing culture is getting bigger...before I knew it, I already have 5 ball caps and 3 skull caps...

How about you?

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003
Ball cap (except it's NASCAR :p ), usually anytime i'm outside the house (including all day every day during school)

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
If I don't shave for a few days or if it's raining I wear a black ballcap, which usually translates into once or twice a week.

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
Got a tan ballcap from Creative Loafing, and it is my favorite hat I've ever had. I also occasionally wear my Stuff hat.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I wear a cowboy hat to work every friday. I call it cowboy hat fridays. I look absolutely ridiculous in it too.

yokomo

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2000
I think I was born with one on.. One day I wore a visor and ever person that saw me said "wow you have hair" like I am supposed to be bald or some thing just because I keep my hair short and wear a cap?

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: SwiftWind
If you do wear a hat...how often...and what kind?

I noticed the hat-wearing culture is getting bigger...before I knew it, I already have 5 ball caps and 3 skull caps...

How about you?
Those are not hats. Those are, as you correctly identified them, caps. There is a distinct difference. Caps fit close against the skull, a proper hat has a brim all the way around it and the crown does not touch the top of the wearer's head.

I have two, an all-purpose leather hat (sometimes called a cowboy hat, but that's not correct stylistically) that I wear regularly and a fedora.

ZV

SwiftWind

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2004
Originally posted by: yokomo
I think I was born with one on.. One day I wore a visor and ever person that saw me said "wow you have hair" like I am supposed to be bald or some thing just because I keep my hair short and wear a cap?

Yeah, I have a friend with a "got root?" Visor stuck to his head...

tokamak

Golden Member
Nov 26, 1999
i wear a ball cap nearly every single day, because i really don't care for the way that my hair looks. i have 2 that i alternate between.