Do you use the Vista "Games" tab?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Originally posted by: n7
Not really.
I put all my mainly played ones in quicklaunch.

Quicklaunch is worst thing ever. :( Sucks if you have tons of windows open a lot. Smashes them all together... :'(

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
I put all games shortcuts into the "games" folder I keep on the desktop. I also have a link to the games folder in the quicklaunch.

I didn't know about this games tab thing either and I've had Vista since June 2007.

Mar 10, 2005
i just started using the games tab, after clearing out the minesweeper crap. now, if only ms would let me use a tab for videos like the ones for pictures and music

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Yes, i use it and like it.
I also like how right clicking the games icon gives options like DX9, DX10, Benchmark, etcc..etc..its very well implemented if you ask me.

Also have a GAMES folder on my desktop where i keep the shortcuts to older games that dont automatically add themselves to vista's game explorer.

No room in my quicklaunch toolbar for games, thats where my daily used program shortcuts are. (ie: Daemon tools, Nero burning rom, image burn etc....etc..)