Do you use Gmail?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ichinisan, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

Not necessarily. The strange part is that they don't show in trash unless you search a certain way. You might think you've permanently deleted all traces of something when you haven't.

The save-as-you-go thing has been that way for a long time. This problem I described is new.

#26 Ichinisan, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

Depends on your operating system.
    ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็
    ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็

3. Ns1

Ns1 No Lifer

No messages matched your search. You can broaden your search to look in "Mail & Spam & Trash".
    Learn more

4. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

You probably haven't sent any messages with attachments or pictures since the new compose interface arrived (or you never enabled the new compose interface). Anyway, I think they're related since it started around the same time.

5. Dominato3r

Dominato3r Diamond Member

Yea whats up with this shit. Every time I log into Youtube or GMail they ask for my phone number

6. Mark R

Mark R Diamond Member

The main reason is to make password recovery easier and more reliable.

If your account gets hacked or you lose your password then you'll have to go through the recovery process. This is deliberately time-delayed to prevent hackers from changing the security questions; however, if you fat finger a new password, and lock yourself out, then gmail will not permit password recovery via your security question within 24 hours.

If you've got a cell number registered, then you can unlock your account immediately via SMS.

7. bruceb

bruceb Diamond Member

I tried the new compose and I don't like it. Luckily, you can switch back to the old compose. From the new compose window, select the Arrow at the bottom Right. The option to switch back to old compose is in there.

8. DLeRium

DLeRium Lifer

new compose pops up on the BOTTOM right? How does this make sense if you have a largeass screen? I click compose on the upper left, and a box pops up on the bottom right. For that reason I moved my Gchat to the right also. It doesn't make sense to have windows popup on the right with the list on the left

#33 DLeRium, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  9. shortylickens

shortylickens No Lifer

I been using Gmail a long time. But over the last year it seems most of their changes arent what I like. *** them. *** THEM!

10. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

My email from several accounts, including Gmail hasn't substantially changed in years. The joys of using a proper client :^)

11. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

No mail client comes close to the conversation / label functionality of Gmail.

12. SP33Demon

SP33Demon Lifer

Not a fan of the new compose. It accidentally sent when I hit Enter (trying to carriage return) and some other key by accident. bah

13. CZroe

CZroe Lifer

That's not what this thread is about, but the old one probably would have done that too.

14. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

It makes perfect sense, it keeps your inbox in clear view while you work on your composing.

15. JimmiG

JimmiG Golden Member

It depends on what you're writing. If it's just a quick reply, it makes sense. If you're working on a long message, you want it in the center of the screen to more easily focus on it. Fortunately there's a button you can press to detach the compose window and put it in the center. I don't mind the new interface. It was much worse when they put super-thick white borders around everything, but thankfully you can switch to compact mode.