Do you use game cheats and exploits in any [ONLINE] games now?

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Well if you do, why?

[edit: Sry i meant online games! with other people]

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Any form of cheat makes the game boring to me. Sure you can start a shooting game with infinite life, all the guns, etc - but what is the point? Cheating takes the challenge out of a game - making it basically a game where you walk around enough and you win. I don't game just to walk from the starting point to the end.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: dullard
Any form of cheat makes the game boring to me. Sure you can start a shooting game with infinite life, all the guns, etc - but what is the point? Cheating takes the challenge out of a game - making it basically a game where you walk around enough and you win. I don't game just to walk from the starting point to the end.

exactly

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
No, and anyone that does use cheats for online games should be castrated and neutered so they cannot pass on their crappy-cheating-asshole-genes to others. :p

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I never use cheats online, but sometimes cheats can be fun in single player (e.g. GTA 3: VC, getting heavy-duty guns and then shooting random people is fun). Or setting gravity levels to like 200 in CS, but that isn't cheating :)

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I have played a couple of online games in the past using cheat codes... But, that was when everyone in the game used the same cheat code... no one used invincibility, but everyone used "fly" mode.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
I haven't played online in a while but I don't like cheaters. Some folks are very, very good.

Cheaters suck, so do mean people.

Getting owned sucks, getting owned by a cheater makes me mad.

May 31, 2001
I tried using a Maphack on StarCraft for a little while, but I discovered I actually played WORSE that way because I was too busy watching what my enemy was doing.

Never used any for any other games, though i have been accused many times in Counter-Strike.