Do you think voter fraud will occur, and what effect will it have?

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
With all the election fraud threads I thought I'd turn them into a poll to see what people think will happen.

I'm posting this poll based on the assumption that Obama would probably (but not certainly) win the election if every single person who intends to vote is able to do so and no fraud occurs.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
It already has occurred. Luckily it has been caught and thrown out(Ohio iirc) but likely there is more than 1 and we just haven't heard about them yet or they won't get caught until after the election.

I just hope that anyone caught committing fraud will be prosecuted.

PS - I voted #2

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
there will probably be votes 'found' in a box that had been 'lost' or on a 'cart' in a 'back room' that likely won't affect a race as big as president but could affect governorships, congressional races, or any of the thousands of local races.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Question to those who respond with answer #3: I don't want to get into the mechanics of how exactly the Democrats will commit or have already committed voter fraud, but why would you think the Democrats wouldn't have normally won the election anyway? They're already polling much higher. I could see claiming that voter fraud would make for a "safer" victory, but do you think they're rigging all the polls as well?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Both parties will attempt to commit fraud, but it will come from isolated actors as it always does. In the end it will have no effect on the larger election.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
I don't care if there is voter fraud, AS LONG AS Democrats win.

I know its wrong, but that what Republicans should get for what they did in Florida '00.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Oh, and another thing... I meant the Presidential election. I'm sure there will be some smaller races that are won by fraud but it would require a nationwide coordinated effort involving hundreds of people to actually steal the Presidential election. If even one of them spills the beans, all hell breaks loose... unless they compartmentalize.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca
Oh, and another thing... I meant the Presidential election. I'm sure there will be some smaller races that are won by fraud but it would require a nationwide coordinated effort involving hundreds of people to actually steal the Presidential election. If even one of them spills the beans, all hell breaks loose... unless they compartmentalize.

no, it wouldn't. it would require a relatively small number of votes in a a few specific areas to take the presidential election this year or 2004 or 2000.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca

no, it wouldn't. it would require a relatively small number of votes in a a few specific areas to take the presidential election this year or 2004 or 2000.

It would still require a major effort. Unlike 2000 or 2004, the race isn't nearly as close this time. There isn't one "must-win" state for McCain, there are several of them. It might only take a few thousand or a few tens of thousands of votes in each one, but it would be a lot harder.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
My thought is both parties have their fingers in the cookie jar. But probably more so repubs since they are in control and look what bush did.

Tho, after saying all this, I think it's unfair and unbalanced and nothing really will be done to stop the corruption already in place. But, I believe even with the level of corruption I don't think it would matter since Obama has a pretty big lead over McCain, tho if this were a Kerry / McCain fight I think the results would be close enough for the fraud to have an effect in the overall election.

Tho, it's sickening that this is even happening. One reason why your vote won't count and it's a big scam anyway. Until it changes and the degree of error and corruption are limited to a reasonable level I won't be voting.

Thanks, but no thanks.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
I would disagree that the "parties" will commit voter fraud. Rather, individuals or small groups will attempt to do so. Neither party will sponsor or advocate voter fraud. But there are bad people in both parties and those are the ones who may committ fraud.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: gevorg

I know its wrong, but that what Republicans should get for what they did in Florida '00.

I swear, some people just don't get it.

Let me put it in big bold letters for you morons out there.

VOTER FRAUD IS WRONG NO MATTER WHO DOES IT.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
WTF, I voted for option #2 but it registered me as voting for option #1 :|

Yeah, somehow I voted for Buchanan. It's not my fault, the choices were confusing!

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
These days, fraud is only believed to have occurred if one's candidate is the one that lost.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

You disgust me.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I have a feeling a lot of electronic voting machines will be biased toward McCain. You never hear about these things tallying up incorrect totals that favor democrats...

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit

Can you read? I admitted it was wrong, but its a small price to pay to get the neocon Republicans out of the White House, so fuck off.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: jman19

You disgust me.

Sorry, but I guess I opened a can of worms here for you idealists.

Welcome to real life politics! Yes, its full of dirt!

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: jman19

You disgust me.

Sorry, but I guess I opened a can of worms here for you idealists.

Welcome to real life politics! Yes, its full of dirt!

A realist would say that this will probably happen anyway, not that it should happen.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit

Can you read? I admitted it was wrong, but its a small price to pay to get the neocon Republicans out of the White House, so fuck off.

I would love to see them gone as well, however in no way, shape or form does it make cheating right.
You are advocating that cheating is ok as long as your side wins because of it. This makes you not just a moron, but a lowlife that doesn't deserve the vote that you get.

SigArms08

Apr 16, 2008

It'd be great to hear what else you're willing to excuse for other political things that you'd like. Censorship? Party discrimination laws? Perhaps the elimination of all who aren't a part of your party?

Your ideals and values are well suited for your party, though.

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
WTF, I voted for option #2 but it registered me as voting for option #1 :|

Yeah, somehow I voted for Buchanan. It's not my fault, the choices were confusing!

The poll was rigged :D