Do you think there is a conspiracy behind the CA wildfires?

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
A few months back, raging wildfires in Greece made international headlines. A Greek friend told me that it's not surprising to see those fires, and at times, they are caused by evil real estate developers who want to develop conservation areas into a place of housing. Supposedly, in Greece, if part of a conservation area burns down, then technically it is no longer a conservation area and the law does not protect it any more.

I was just thinking about the California wildfires and the current decline in the real estate market. News sources have reported that some of the fires were suspicious. Thousands of homes have burned down, and it is predicted that the damages surpass $1 billion. I think that it will be safe to say that the housing statistics in California will show an increase in homebuilding activities to replace the damaged homes.

I wonder how these activities will affect any entities connected with the real estate market.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Bill Marh said it was because of global warming or that the spread of it was from a 1.5 degree change in climate.

Now I think he's a complete moron.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Regs
Bill Marh said it was because of global warming or that the spread of it was from a 1.5 degree change in climate.

Now you think he's a moron? :laugh:

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

I'm very lenient for talk show hosts who think they're political geniuses...mostly because the crap we hear everyday from the networks are completely spun and are tactless.

Though I have to say Bill has gone off the deep end and his ideas or comments come from a completely warped mind.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003

You're kidding right? Meh, I still think he's funny but if that's true he's clearly an idiot as well.

Mikey

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2006
Originally posted by: Qacer
A few months back, raging wildfires in Greece made international headlines. A Greek friend told me that it's not surprising to see those fires, and at times, they are caused by evil real estate developers who want to develop conservation areas into a place of housing. Supposedly, in Greece, if part of a conservation area burns down, then technically it is no longer a conservation area and the law does not protect it any more.

I was just thinking about the California wildfires and the current decline in the real estate market. News sources have reported that some of the fires were suspicious. Thousands of homes have burned down, and it is predicted that the damages surpass $1 billion. I think that it will be safe to say that the housing statistics in California will show an increase in homebuilding activities to replace the damaged homes.

I wonder how these activities will affect any entities connected with the real estate market.

Actually, I thought about that to myself just a couple nights ago wondering if that would ever happen. I see so much land here in CA that is undeveloped and wondered if people would ever just burn a bunch of land down for a reason to create more real estate property. I think it's definitely plausible.

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
haven't ya'll figured it out by now? there's always a conspiracy! :roll:

:laugh:

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
I could have swore some guy set his house on fire because he was going into foreclosure or near it.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case. I find it ironic that as soon as they get things under control they magically arrest 6 suspects but yet it barely hits the news from what ive seen.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
A redneck probably made a nice fire, then it lit the whole hill on fire... and spread across the whole state. That's the main cause of forest fires in Canada... dumb rednecks...

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

I'm very lenient for talk show hosts who think they're political geniuses...mostly because the crap we hear everyday from the networks are completely spun and are tactless.

Though I have to say Bill has gone off the deep end and his ideas or comments come from a completely warped mind.

That particular show had me shaking my head. Not only Marh's comments about global warming, but Wesley Clark's comments about Arabic society shouldn't be denounced for keeping women in relative slavery because the women say they like it like that. :roll:

Maybe when the police show up to a scene of domestic abuse they shouldn't arrest the guy if woman says she likes black eyes.

sciencewhiz

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: potato28
A redneck probably made a nice fire, then it lit the whole hill on fire... and spread across the whole state. That's the main cause of forest fires in Canada... dumb rednecks...

The Cedar fire in 2003 was caused by a lost hiker who set off a signal flare.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

WTF is wrong with you people? I swear you could find a conspiracy anywhere. :thumbsdown::|:thumbsdown:

Qacer

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Sinsear

WTF is wrong with you people? I swear you could find a conspiracy anywhere. :thumbsdown::|:thumbsdown:

And the person who does not question anything is a robot.

Seriously, it has been known that people set fire to their houses or buildings to get insurance money. It happens everywhere. Supposedly, in Greece, people who own lands in conservation areas are not allowed to build anything on it ... unless there's a fire that destroys it, then it's fair game. Plus, the fact that they mentioned that some of the fires maybe caused by an arson also raises some questions.

Simply put, everything in life can't be just a coincidence.