Do you think the Xbox360 or the PS3 has been a better piece of hardware?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
The batteries last longer, and the PS3 charges them faster then the replaceables I had in my 360 controller could. I've never cared much for the ergonomics on the 360 controllers, and the 360 controller weighs about twice what the PS3 controller weighs - makes it much less comfortable for me to use for any length of time.

yea it weighs more but its 1000% better ergonomically so it still wins out, i really wish someone made one that worked correctly with the PS3 as the layout is that much better. and no the weight is a factor

as a pure piece of hardware the PS3 is better simply because it has had far fewer hardware issues

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I can't believe I just read about fatigue caused by a 360 controller.

i've definitely played games long enough where my hands start to get uncomfortable from being in that position for so long. never with the 360 controller though, only ps3.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
Oh, it's hardly any massive discomfort - it wouldn't put me off from playing on the 360 if there were no other options. But it is noticeable.

If the XBox360 playing experience and the PS3 weren't otherwise totally interchangeable, it wouldn't matter. But they are - so that tiny, tiny inconvenience is enough to make me favor the PS3 version.

And since pretty much everything I've wanted to play on a console was on both consoles, and identical between the two, my preference for the ergonomics on the PS3 was enough to win it out.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
yea it weighs more but its 1000% better ergonomically so it still wins out, i really wish someone made one that worked correctly with the PS3 as the layout is that much better.

Again this is only your opinion. I greatly prefer the PS3 controller's layout so to argue your opinion as fact is pointless.

As for the weight issue, it is noticeable but it's never affected me during long term play sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.