Do you think John Tyler was a good President?

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I sure as hell do. In fact, he's my favorite President since he held truer to the principles of Jeffersonian democracy (which is in stark contrast to Wilsonian democracy) than the Founder did himself. He was the most principled, pro-hard money, pro-States' rights, anti-war, non-interventionist, anti-Central Bank, fiscal and traditional conservative if ever there was one.

jstern01

Mar 25, 2010
Major Events While in Office:

Set precedent for Presidential succession (1841)
Entire Cabinet except for Daniel Webster resigned in protest (1841)
Webster-Ashburton Treaty (1842)
Treaty of Wanghia (1844)
Annexation of Texas (1845)

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
In fact, he's my favorite President

why am i not surprised you're a fan of a failure of a 'president' ... he never was elected.. he lucked into the position... and he alienated his backers to the point he never had a chance in hell of running for re-election

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
John Tyler is the least harmful President from the perspective of someone who advocates a stateless society.

Anarchists advocate a stateless society.

o_O, except all you tend to argue about is for a minimal federal government and stronger states rights....that does not = stateless society.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Major Events While in Office:

Set precedent for Presidential succession (1841)
Entire Cabinet except for Daniel Webster resigned in protest (1841)
Webster-Ashburton Treaty (1842)
Treaty of Wanghia (1844)
Annexation of Texas (1845)

That bastard!

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
If you want to live in a stateless society you should move to Somalia.

God you're a buffoon.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If this guy is for real, Anarchist420 claims to have never held a job, is unable to drive a car, and was classified special ed for an emotional disorder. (and I want to emphasize 'if he is for real'. It all seems too much)

Assume it is though. Is that the guy we want to take tips on how to run society from?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
If this guy is for real, Anarchist420 claims to have never held a job, is unable to drive a car, and was classified special ed for an emotional disorder. (and I want to emphasize 'if he is for real'. It all seems too much)

Assume it is though. Is that the guy we want to take tips on how to run society from?

Can you clarify this statement? How do you know so much about him?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Can you clarify this statement? How do you know so much about him?

He mentioned it in another thread recently, I can't remember which one right now. But seriously, that's all information he volunteered about himself.

It all sounds like trolling just taken a step too far, because I have a hard time believing someone is simultaneously that helpless and that oblivious to the fact that they are a living counter-example to their own ideology.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
That's a necessary step to a stateless society. The Articles of Confederation is almost close enough even for an anarcho-capitalist.

No it isn't, that's a step towards more localized stronger governments.

News flash, all those utopian 'no rules, everyone is equal' societal experiments have failed. Anarchy has, and always will, fail.