Do you think it's true?

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I call shens as well... if he got a cut or anything minor at all in that time, even jsut a slight cold, he'd die because his body wouldn't be making the necessary repairs.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Some scientist did a study on himself to see how long he could go without sleep. He had his research team keep him up no matter what. I think he lasted 6 days. Thing is he was a well respected researcher before the test, but it made him go insane. Lost his family, job, house... everything. Ended up in the loony bin.

I've also read about keeping people up for 10 days. They died.

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
I heard the world's record for not sleeping was 8 days and the guy died on the 8th day so I call shens.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: silverpig
Some scientist did a study on himself to see how long he could go without sleep. He had his research team keep him up no matter what. I think he lasted 6 days. Thing is he was a well respected researcher before the test, but it made him go insane. Lost his family, job, house... everything. Ended up in the loony bin.

I've also read about keeping people up for 10 days. They died.

http://menshealth.about.com/b/a/101342.htm

264 hours. 11 days.

naruto1988

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: jspeicher
Originally posted by: Nebor
You can't die from lack of sleep. You'll fall asleep first.

i think it's possible. you force yourself so hard to stay awake that your brain gives up and stops working. my friend just told me a story that a kid in his girlfriend's school once stayed up finals week to study. while taking a final, he dropped dead.

elbosco

Jul 17, 2004
There was an experiment done on rats that examined the effects of going without rem sleep. The rats were put in modified cages with water at the bottom and in order to stay dry the rats would need to cling onto the walls. When the rats would start to fall asleep their muscles would relax causing them to fall into the water, instantly waking them up. The rats would have to climb back up the wall and stay there until they fell asleep and down into the water they went. This happened over and over until the rats died.

So a lack of sleep can kill you.