Do you think Clay Aiken gets decent groupies?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: AdamSnow
Whenever he's on TV, lots of girls are screaming for him...

so I bet he get's his fair amount of trim.

It's a shame he would rather have this instead

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
meh. i like clay. i'm not prepubescent or a milf. my bf looks at me like i'm nuts for enjoying his music.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Yeah... I saw him at the AFI Awards, and a few of Leonardo DiCaprio's blonde harem were flirting it up with him.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I hear he flat out said "NO" to an interview with a gay magazine. If you look at his groupies, most of them are either pre-pubescent, homely, or both.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
actually a band i work with played at the NC state fair this past year and they said he is a regular jacka$$. They wouldnt even let the guys into THEIR own dressing room b/c he has some kind of rule wherever he plays he can't have anyone NOT on his staff within like 100ft or some crazy stuff like that.

So what he is doin in there with several 6'8 built like a mac truck security *men* no one knows.. .. ..

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: AStar617
... the law of averages would dictate that squeaky clean Clay has gotten some trim on at least one dressing room table since his Americal Idol heyday.

I don't think the "law of averages" factors in that he's gayer than a stack of strawberry pancakes, and has no interest in females. I could be wrong though.

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
Originally posted by: se7en
actually a band i work with played at the NC state fair this past year and they said he is a regular jacka$$. They wouldnt even let the guys into THEIR own dressing room b/c he has some kind of rule wherever he plays he can't have anyone NOT on his staff within like 100ft or some crazy stuff like that.

So what he is doin in there with several 6'8 built like a mac truck security *men* no one knows.. .. ..

Speaking of his rules, that was actually the inspiration for this thread. I was scanning through The Smoking Gun's list of performing artists' "riders" (basically a list of accommodation requirements that are part of a contract to perform; most include beaucoup frivolous crap) and I came across Clay's rider. For those too lazy, dimming lights and a sofa/loveseat are among the 10 pages' worth of items/accommodations requested. So I got to thinking... ;)

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: binoculaz
what bothers me is how this show got any viewers considering it is a sucky premise and the contestants are completely phony and forgetable. that's kind of messed up.

(puts dork card away)

Fixed.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
I envision Aiken's backstage flings to look like Richard Simmons and/or Harvey Fierstein. **GAG**

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I know someone who works at Wal-mart, and says that most of the people she sees buying his CDs are women in their 30s-40s. I vote MILF.
Exactly!!! The women at my job love him. I have yet to hear his CD, but I liked him on idol. I don't think he's gay, because the show totally changed his look, but I've been wrong before.

AStar617

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Muadib
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I know someone who works at Wal-mart, and says that most of the people she sees buying his CDs are women in their 30s-40s. I vote MILF.
Exactly!!! The women at my job love him. I have yet to hear his CD, but I liked him on idol. I don't think he's gay, because the show totally changed his look, but I've been wrong before.

He may not be, but you must admit his "look" is quite ghey. I never knew you could legally toussle/spike a bowl cut. Wow :D