Do You Think America Will Actually Default on its Debt?

Do You Think America Will Actually Default on its Debt?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spikesoldier

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
I say the first to NOT get their pay checks ought be the military.

As a retired US Marine, I would love to see this.

its part of being patriotic.

also, military families can 'rough it' because the installation can cater to basic needs, so pay can be forgoe'd in tough times.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
When? In one week, or in 10 years when our interest rates are so high, no one will lend us money?

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
We will not default. Obama will cave in the end "for the good of the country." He did before on extending the tax cuts and he probably will this time too.

Sucker

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
This year of course not. This is all just a charade, political theater, how can anybody not realize that?

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
Not going to happen, the monies there. They will pay it before a lot of other things.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
My answer: The U.S. will monetize the debt and society will collapse from hyperinflation.

This all could've been avoided had we never given SS and Medicare to the wealhiest people.

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
My answer: The U.S. will monetize the debt and society will collapse from hyperinflation.

This all could've been avoided had we never given SS and Medicare to the wealhiest people.

but it's OK that they pay in to SS, but shouldn't get it? likely they don't get it if they still have considerable monthly income.

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
Why the US won`t introduce ,say 10% VAT or put a tax on gas?

VAT would be horrible for the economy and we already do have plenty of tax on gas. raising fuel costs any amount will hurt the economy as well. the answer is not new or more taxes

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
VAT would be horrible for the economy and we already do have plenty of tax on gas. raising fuel costs any amount will hurt the economy as well. the answer is not new or more taxes

You're going to have to raise some money from somewhere, the level of cutbacks needed would be crippling to your society.