Do you think a DUI should be a DUI if:

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
the said person is riding a bicycle and has not operated it recklessly?

I find it amusing that someone sitting on the seat of a bicycle on the sidewalk in front of a house party can get a DUI.

Please elaborate when you vote.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: FelixDeKat
Was this from personal experience or do you have a link?

The thread about the liquid panty remover got me thinking of college times

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I believe you would be charged with an OUI or an OWI.

http://www.drunkdrivingdefense.com/general/dui-words.htm

OUI

The next most common acronym for drunk driving is OUI. This stands for operating under the influence. The word ?operating? is actually more encompassing (and more accurate) than ?driving? because almost all states make it illegal to ?operate or be in actual physical control? of a motor vehicle. This means that you can be sitting in your car, off the side of the road, with the engine running and the car in park, and asleep, yet still be charged with OUI (or DUI or DWI, for that matter, in most states). The states that have OUI as their acronym are Maine, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.

OWI

Another acronym for drunk driving is OWI, or operating while intoxicated. Similar to OUI, the operative word is ?operating?. Wisconsin is the largest state using this acronym.

whistleclient

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2001

if you're drunk and you hit a pedestrian with a bike, yes
if you're drunk and you cause or almost cause a car accident, yes

otherwise, who cares.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
I'd like to see someone charged with DUI for riding a unicycle while drunk. Now that's entertainment.

Amplifier

Banned
Dec 25, 2004
riding a bike while drunk is pretty dangerous you should drive a car with a 5 star safety rating