Do you tell people who you voted for?

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
We just had the BC provincial election here and I have been asked numerous times who I voted for. I just tell them they don't need to know that information (and I don't have to tell them). I am just curious to what you guys do and what your reasons are for it.

LadyNiniane

Feb 16, 2001
No.

I will discuss within my family circle my reasons for voting for or against someone (or something, in the case of ballot initiatives), so my family circle usually knows how my vote is likely to go. But if I am asked directly after the election, "Who did you vote for?", I almost always refuse to answer the question.

I am a firm believer in the value of a secret ballot. And I have real problems with media types who work the "exit poll" circuit.

Lady Niniane

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Same.

If you dont want to say its your choice. But I would freely tell anyone who I voted for.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Sure if asked. It's not like it could not be figured out if I am discussing politics with someone anyway.

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
I really don't care if other people know. Is they have a negative comment wondering why I voted for such and such, then I have a problem.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Yes. I voted for NO HAMPSTERS!

Dih dih dee dah dee dah doh doh...dee dah diddy doh...

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I voted for the Nintendo Gamecube and Epox

...oh, you were in elections that actually mean something. Sorry, my bad :D

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
Well, personally, I don't tell people whether or not I tell people who I voted for. But that's just me.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
of course :) it doesn't bother me to let people know who i voted for
btw this thread would have been better if you had setup a poll and asked people how they voted on the poll :)

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I do... what are you afraid of? If they're goign to judge me because of who i voted, then i wouldn't consider them friends anyways... or are you ashamed for who you voted?