Do you take a shower everyday?

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
one in the morning to take up, one at night cause i can't sleep feeling dirty

wash my hair both times because it gets oily easier but grandpa says it's gonna cause it to fall out soon, oh well

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Yeah, once a day - once your skin oil and sweat production kick into full gear, you'll start too. I've always done my showers right before bed. 1) I am not good at waking up, and there's never time for a good shower in the morning. 2) Taking a shower at night means I don't go to bed all gross. Result: Not only does it just not feel icky laying down coated in the various skin excretions of the day, but it also means that I don't have to wash the sheets very often.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
I take a shower every day. If I don't, whenever I drop trou my balls let off a smell that is SCUST.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I always take a shower after I wake up. I wake up feeling gross and I have oily hair.

Sometimes I'll take one at night too if I'm feeling dirty or need some rejuvenation.

roguerower

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2004
I wake up, go to crew practice, then take a shower before classes start. I'll sometimes take a shower in the afternoon depending on what I've been doing

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
Every morning, and about 9 nights out of 10.

How could you not bathe every day? That's...gross?

Oct 9, 1999
i shower when i can.. usually 5 days a week, weekends if i am at home like this weekend.. i dont.. cause i am doing stuff and getting dirty but i shall shower in a while.

bladder23

Banned
Jun 28, 2007
Originally posted by: nkgreen
Are you trying to become a lifer before you're 15? :disgust:

I already have over 5000 posts on another forum.

Not to mention, this isnt my first account on AT. (Mod gave me a temp ban but never reinstated my account) In total, I have over 2400 posts on AT and have been here since 2006. :D

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BlackTigers91

The OP's only 14. Maybe oil/sweat/BO production haven't reached the funderful levels of adulthood.

Humans really are gross sometimes - all these various secretions coming from all over the place. Bacteria-laden oil and sweat, earwax, hair. And everything we touch gets a little of this residue on it, like a slug crawling along a sidewalk, leaving a film of slime behind it. In some context, it is kind of disgusting.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BlackTigers91

My friend from Germany said the people in his area only shower every three days or so. Seemed odd to me.

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003
Originally posted by: bladder23

Not to mention, this isnt my first account on AT. (Mod gave me a temp ban but never reinstated my account) In total, I have over 2400 posts on AT and have been here since 2006. :D

You're bragging about this?

bladder23

Banned
Jun 28, 2007
Originally posted by: newb111

Yup

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: JohnCU
one in the morning to take up, one at night cause i can't sleep feeling dirty

wash my hair both times because it gets oily easier but grandpa says it's gonna cause it to fall out soon, oh well

washing hair doesnt cause it to fall out sooner. Thats a myth. Brushing/combing hair however...

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006

Yup

You know that having more than one account is bannable, right?

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I generally shower every day in the summer but not in the winter. I don't sweat like a pig during day-to-day activities and don't really do much physical things like running, so normally I just don't feel like it.

I've been showing 3-4 times a week lately. Usually 6-7 in the summer.

bladder23

Banned
Jun 28, 2007

Yup

but the mod forgot to unban my old account.

also, i haven't broken any rules

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003

Yup

but the mod forgot to unban my old account.

also, i haven't broken any rules

You mean you haven't broken any rules except the one that you can't have 2 accounts.

Feb 19, 2001
Do people not realize that they stink if they don't shower daily? Ugh. I hate cramming into elevators and staring at the guy's hair in front of me filled with dandruff.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

You mean you haven't broken any rules except the one that you can't have 2 accounts.
"Mod gave me a temp ban but never reinstated my account."

Sounds like he got a vacation but was never let off the USS Garbage Scow - he had to hitch a ride on a raft made of old milk cartons and shoelaces in order to start a new life on ATOT.