Do you subscribe to any newspapers?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I was looking around for discount subscriptions to some local papers and was curious... I'm either gonna go for the Sarasota Herald Tribune or St. Pete Times.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
local small town weekly newspaper only

news.google.com has everything else i need to know

and technically it is my wife's subscription

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I get the student discount for our local daily paper...about $1.50/week...

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I get the local New Haven paper on the weekends only & never look at anything but the Sunday edition.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
Nope, I inquired once and now I get telemarketing calls at my work phone about once every other day.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Nope, but my university provides The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, and the Indianapolis Star free to students, so I normally pick up the WSJ and occasionally the NYT.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
We have two dailies and I subscribe to both. Also a small weekly township paper.

And news.google.com, as good as it is, just doesn't cut it for local news.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: kranky

And news.google.com, as good as it is, just doesn't cut it for local news.

Besides, it's just not nearly as convenient to take to the "throne room" in the morning...;)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Nope. I get all the local news I need by looking at the front page on my way through the drive-through lane at KFC. :)

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
My college gives students free access to three newspapers each weekday - Erie Times, USA Today, and one other, I think it's the New York Times. The Erie Times is usually all I get. It provides a little glimpse at what's going on in the world and the country, a little bit about local goings-on, a decent classifieds section, and of course, the comics page. :)

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
No. I subscribed to a local paper for a few months several years ago and paid the paper for the subscription. Apparently they never told or paid the delivery person, because he asked for payment for the paper. I thought it would be a one time request as I explained that I paid the paper directly and he called them and confirmed it. He continued to repeatedly asked for payment after that incident. So I eventually got so tired of constantly explaining that I had already paid the paper and him confirming it that I canceled the subscription. I still get calls from them trying to sell me a new subscription even though I am on the national do not call list and have asked them to be put on their do not call list too.