Do you still play D2 ?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I'll try to make the story short ...

I simply want to play it some, from time to time, I miss that game, and out of boredom I thought "hey, why not". But I got rid of them (D2 and the expansion) something like a year ago (I played it again later on thanks to a friend but he has taken his copy back since then). So, if you do own both, D2 and D2:LOD, I'd simply ask if you'd feel generous to donate the CD-Keys. I will see my friend tomorrow so I can borrow his CD's again to actually install the games, and then use your CD-Keys to play it on-line. Because that's the goal, I won't play it off-line.

So if anyone is willing to do it, I'd appreciate. If not that's ok of course, I might try to find some used copy at my store tomorrow or something, or just forget about it. I don't feel like paying for that game again ... so just being honest here, I'm just asking for free, legit CD-Keys (of course one for D2 and one for D2:LOD).

Thanks for considering.

EDIT: In exchange, I can offer something, I just thought about it. I got both Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One left to give, as a gift, since I bought the Orange Box, I still have to give the gift to someone.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
I don't play much anymore, and if I do it's LAN games with friends or offline. I don't play on Battle.Net anymore, there are just too many cheaters.

FYI, asking for software here generally is looked down on...

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Yeah, I know, and I didn't feel like making such a thread but since there is one for Steam gifts then I thought ... well, let's try it for Diablo II. I'm offering the Steam gift in exchange anyway, so I hope it helps my cause.

But if in the end this proves to be useless then so shall it be, I gotta live with it. I refuse to pay for a full version at the store, maybe used, but not brand new, I just want to play from time to time, so it's nothing urgent. I was just asking.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
marked. a bit busy atm, but if you still don't have the keys in a day or so I'll hunt down mine cases and you can have mine.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
marked. a bit busy atm, but if you still don't have the keys in a day or so I'll hunt down mine cases and you can have mine.

Thanks a lot for the consideration. I still haven't received keys at the moment.

As predicted yesterday, today I went to my friend's, and I explained him the case, he agreed to let me borrow his CD-Roms while he's not playing much himself, so I can at least install the games. However there might be an issue, because once I give him back his CD-Roms, then I won't be able to play at all. Which is where I think I'll need to consider buying a used version (I know there's one or two second-hand copies at my local store).

Meanwhile, my offer still stands firm. I am still willing to give my Steam gifts (HL2 and E1) in exchange, if desired of course.

Dec 10, 2005
There are ways to obtain a new CD key from Blizzard if you lost your key. You can send them either the game disc or the manual with a $10MO and they will ship you your stuff back with a new CD key. I had to do this when someone peeled the CD-key sticker off my LOD case (and since that incident, I write down in a text file on my computer the CD-keys for the various games I play).

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
As I have said, I don't even have the CD-Roms themselves anymore. All I got left are the cardboard boxes. My friend will provide me with his own CD's temporarily so I can at least install the whole thing and start-up my new account and character, he'll let me have them for a few weeks. After that I will consider buying second-hand copies at my local store (and the CD-Keys of second-hand copies laying in a store since the past six months are not to be trusted, which is why I need legit CD-Keys from people here who really do not plan on playing the game on-line ever again).