Do you really think Trump will get the GOP nomination?

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I've known what he is for a while but I couldn't put it into words. However Jimmy Dore just did beautifully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBXrMvcS69M&t=4m50s

If you're lazy.. it just says he's a fascist.

So what do you think? Will he snag the nomination or will there be enough who oppose him, who will combine their votes on the anti-trump?

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Oh shit, wrong forum ROFL.

That's what I get for researching the skylake at the same time as watching youtube videos.

Mods please move this to P&N.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Trump will buy an Barton core 2800+ and claim it's the best processor ever...

Millions will believe him.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Thanks for reaching out. I think a Bulldozer will make him a clear choice for the GOP cup!

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Thank you mods. I feel so much better now.. was actually scared there like hopefully I wasn't gonna get banned for making a sleepy mistake.

*relaxes*

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I think Trump has the Republicans over a barrel and they are virtually choice-less so long as he continues to threaten to run as an independent, at least if his polling keeps up. If they don't then they are absolutely guaranteed to lose versus kinda guaranteed.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I think Trump has the Republicans over a barrel and they are virtually choice-less so long as he continues to threaten to run as an independent, at least if his polling keeps up. If they don't then they are absolutely guaranteed to lose versus kinda guaranteed.

There are problems Trump would face trying to run as an independent, though, after attempting and failing to gain the GOP nomination.

There are states, such as Virginia, that specifically prohibit the loser(s) of the nomination process to appear on the ballot as an independent. They can be a write-in, but won't appear on the ballot at all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are problems Trump would face trying to run as an independent, though, after attempting and failing to gain the GOP nomination.

There are states, such as Virginia, that specifically prohibit the loser(s) of the nomination process to appear on the ballot as an independent. They can be a write-in, but won't appear on the ballot at all.

He certainly can't win as an independent but that probably won't stop him from being a spiteful prick if he's not the nominee.

He'll shoot the hostage.

Feb 4, 2009
Too early to tell

However if Trump can use water cooling to Overclock himself it may become a definite.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

He won't win as an independent, he will just split the vote enough to ensure the Republicans don't have a chance in hell of winning. The Republicans know this so as long as he threatens to run as an independent they are over a barrel.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
He won't win as an independent, he will just split the vote enough to ensure the Republicans don't have a chance in hell of winning. The Republicans know this so as long as he threatens to run as an independent they are over a barrel.

Yep, Independent has never gone anywhere, only taking votes from parties, and I don't see it going anywhere in the near future, possibly in my lifetime.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Saying he's going to cut off the supply of cheap labor, increase taxes, and implement tariffs? Seems unlikely he'd get the nomination.

Also, I think he's a 5960X man.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I see your hard on for Trump continues.

It's getting weird, bud.
Yes, he's the only person bringing up Donald Trump here or anywhere.

Your fascination with hard-ons is definitely weird, though.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I really do feel for the Repubs having to defend their party with the likes of Trump being at the top of their ratings for weeks now.

Add to that, there's all of those other Repubs in the running that most folks can't take seriously. Hard to keep your head held up high with those characters to choose from.

And besides, if a former union leader/half-ass actor out of Hollywood with a wife who relies on an adviser that gets her foretelling out of a crystal ball can be a Repub President, then Trump, with all of his peculiarities actually looks a whole lot more electable than that actor ever was.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I...am starting to think that he can win. He was more of a joke in the beginning, but no moreso than the rest of the field. Unfortunately, since Citizens' United gutted campaign finance laws and oversight, one billionaire is all it takes to keep a pet candidate in the mix instead of them being eliminated outright through the first few rounds of our traditional caucus/primary system. Couple that with the GOP losing its moderate wing entirely, and you have the current crop of bozos.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Unless something changes with the republican field, they need new blood to stop the don. Scott Walker? Really? These guys are people I wouldn't trust my child with in a closed room.

All this is, is a investment for Trump. The payout is advertisement and branding. Regardless of what he does, as long as he polls and stays in the headlines, this is a grand payout. Trump wins even if he loses.

Trump exposed the weakness of the republican field and he is tearing it apart.

This is a sad sad state of the country where our presidential candiates are just, overall, terrible.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Unless something changes with the republican field, they need new blood to stop the don. Scott Walker? Really? These guys are people I wouldn't trust my child with in a closed room.

All this is, is a investment for Trump. The payout is advertisement and branding. Regardless of what he does, as long as he polls and stays in the headlines, this is a grand payout. Trump wins even if he loses.

Trump exposed the weakness of the republican field and he is tearing it apart.

This is a sad sad state of the country where our presidential candiates are just, overall, terrible.

Big money corrupting them into being wholly owned sock puppets is THE cause for these candidates having to behave the way they do......well, except for the one guy now running who's done more than his own fair share of corrupting our politicians.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Of course he will. Think about it. Trump is getting so much media coverage, there is no way he won't win. Voters don't vote on issues; they vote on popularity. An informed voter base is exactly what politicians don't want. They will go into the polls and go "well, I hear a lot about Trump on the TV, might as well vote for him."

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I never thought that I'd ever consider voting for a Republican again, especially after the Bush junta fiasco, but Donald Trump certainly has me reconsidering my stance.

Any candidate that can expose the rot and deal with things head on, hey, I can vote for that. His ties to Cruz and Palin and the Tea Party scare me to death, but I am very carefully watching what is going on.