Do you RC? (Nitro - Electric - AIR - LAND - WATER)

ShawnReeves

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
About a year ago I got into the RC hobby. As a kid I had the toys from walmart and so on but nothing to expensive or fast. I have since moved on to Airplanes (brushless) and Nitro fuel cars like the Kyosho MP-777 along with a Mini-T w/8000kv brushless popping wheelies at 60mph. The wife bought a Spektrum Radio setup for my B-day and I recently installed it in the popular F27C Stryker. This isnt my video. Some other guys first flight though. I have a total of 6 Planes and 3 cars and I'm always wanting more! Too bad the wife has other plans. Yes it can be very expensive sometimes but also very enjoyable. What kinda RC do you guys enjoy?

Btw go with a foam plane like the Hobbyzone Supercub. Easy to glue and fix. ;)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
I use several and don't prefer one over the other. I can't answer your poll because of this. I have electric cars and monster trucks, nitro stadium trucks and monster trucks, and an electric airplane. I like them all equally.

Mar 10, 2005
when i was a kid, i had an RC-10 electric car. then i built up enough spares and upgrades t have 2 RC-10s. RC can be almost as expensive as the real thing.

The J

Aug 30, 2004
My first was a DuraTrax Maximum BX, which was modified quite a bit. In straight-line speed, it could almost keep up with my brother's Street Force GP. It couldn't handle well at all, though. I ended up trashing it by nailing a curb at full speed. I'll have to try restoring it when I get the money. I currently have an HPI Nitro MT with an OS 18 CV-RX in it. It's getting harder to find parts for this truck since it's been discontinued for some time.

Expensive, but fun as all heck!

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
I bought an Associated RC10T2 back in 1996 and built it for use at a small indoor off road track we had close by.

I had a ton of fun racing it.

My dad bought a barely used Losi right after and we played around quite a bit in his driveway.

He then bought a nitro 4 wheel drive truck and even built custom aluminum bulkheads and a-arms for it. Choice...

Mar 10, 2005
for me, building and rebuilding the car was as much fun as driving and racing it. looking up the associated website, i'm getting an itch to blow big bucks on another car.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
An EX- Rc'er ....... It's a very expensive hobby, let me tell ya'. I focus on my car and HT system. (just pre-ordered a Toshiba A-3 w/7 free HD movies)

(in order from when I first started out, to the end)
**All had Proline street tires minus the Clod and all had full HP bearings**
Tamiya Bigfoot w/thorp tranny and steel axles
Tamiya King cab
Tamiya Mercedes 4wd sedan (I forgot the name)
Tamiya Clodbuster w/clodzilla2 alluminum parts (Gravedigger body) Had about $1,300 into it. Sold it for around $800. for the move to FL
Rc10 B3 graphite version w/blue anodized titanium parts
1/8 Ofna GTP.This was my last buy 4 years ago on the FS/Trade forum here. No pic, just proof.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Originally posted by: The Boston Dangler
for me, building and rebuilding the car was as much fun as driving and racing it. looking up the associated website, i'm getting an itch to blow big bucks on another car.

Same for me. I spent a solid 15 hours building my RC10T2. Awesome and very rewarding.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: ShawnReeves
Any Revo or Savage owners out there? ;)

Nitro Revo and Losi LST2 owner.

More fun than should be allowed. I bought the LST for the woman. Both are tricked out - huge motors, titanium pushrods, etc. They are severely punished. 10-15 foot jumps.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
When I first started, I only wanted to run dirt cars. As time went by, I was more interested in nitro 1/8 scale on road. Never did invest in one.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I have better things to spend my money on. I dabbled in RC cars for a bit but the only ones that interest me are the fast low slung nitro powered cars and you can't really run them anywhere because most roads and parking lots are not smooth enough. I have a 2spd one that can do over 40mph but there really isn't anywhere to run it without crashing the hell out of it. I have another one that has only one speed and it's pretty quick but nothing like the 2 spd one. I hope my son enjoys them when he gets a little older...he's 5 now. I'm saving them anyway and I have a nice Lotus Exige body for the really fast one. :p

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Currently have:
Schumacher Pro Axis 2
Traxxas E-Maxx
Futaba 3PJS PCM Radio

Started in 86 with Kyosho Assualt Nitro buggy

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I can't answer your poll accurately, because you don't have electric/nitro helis on it.

So I voted "Other", because I've been spending all my money on my fish tanks lately.

ShawnReeves

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Raduque
I can't answer your poll accurately, because you don't have electric/nitro helis on it.

So I voted "Other", because I've been spending all my money on my fish tanks lately.

Man you are so right! I didn't add the Heli option. Dang! Is there a way to add it to the poll?
I also have a HoneyBee Heli that I'm still learning to fly...thank gawd for Realflight G3.5! :shocked:

imported_Truenofan

Golden Member
May 6, 2005
i own a HPI RS4-3(nitro, 1/10th), Proceed(racing nitro, 1/8th), i had a traxxas stadium truck(1/10th), and i have a nitro helicopter, im starting to enjoy helicopters more, they're pretty damn neat.

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Previous: AE NTC3, T-Maxx (1st gen), Hyper 7, GS Storm Pro,

Current: HPI Savage 21, HPI RS4

I'm starting to get the bug again to get a 1/8th scale buggy or maybe a Revo. Every time I go bashing I go for broke. Wrenching on them is just as fun as running them.

Hammerhead

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2001
I have a traxxas revo for backyard bashing and a Hot bodies Cyclone for drifting.
I also have 2 mini's...mini lst and RC18R

Hammerhead

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: ShawnReeves
Any Revo or Savage owners out there? ;)

yes. I have a revo 2.5r, but i traded the trx 2.5r motor with the trx 3.3 motor. that thing is a beast!

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not to hijack your thread, but I have a nephew who is mad about combines . . . he likes the RC cars we got him just fine, but I'd love to find him an RC combine. I haven't been able to find any on Google, so I was thinking . . . couldn't I just buy one and put RC guts into it? Are there any resources to point me in that direction?