Do you put ice in your beer?

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
It's roasting hot, my beers are warm, and I don't want to wait for them to cool off in the fridge. I'm on the fence as to whether I should put ice in my glass or not......

Synthetik

Banned
Jun 16, 2000
Ewhhh...don't do it man. As long as they are not extremely warm (like if they are just room temp.) I'd rather drink a beer that's room temp. then a beer with Ice Cubes in it.

But....try and stick'm in the freezer for a lil' bit. Of course...if you cant wait....

-Synth

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I went ahead and threw a single cube in my mug, and it ended up melting rather quickly. It didn't water down the taste too bad, although it didn't cool it off much either.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
Well, since I'm still under-aged to drink, I can't really tell you, as I don't drink beer too often :)

But I would assume ice cubes would be okay, since it's fine in soft drinks.. same principle, I hope. :)

-RSI

Crysla

Banned
Jan 26, 2000
Okay....but you'll have to go to the store probably to follow this advice.

Get cooler...
Lay cans on side inside cooler
Add ice
Add some water
Add some Rock salt
Do the Hokie Pokie, and turn your self around...
That's what it's all about.

Should have cold beer in less than 20 minutes...

Princess;)

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
i actually don't mind if a beer is room temp or "from the case"...too cold actually sucks

Synthetik

Banned
Jun 16, 2000
Sacotool,

I should have been more strict in my first reply. DO NOT PUT ICE Cubes in da beer! It's just not right.

-Synth

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
another thing to try next time, is get a cooler full of ice water.
hold the can of beer/soda/ratpoison submerged in the ice, then twist the can vigorously for a minute or too.
that's supposed to cool down the thing in a hurry..
never tried it tho

-patchy

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
I like what they do at Hooters. Once you've poured a glass or two out of your pitcher, the Hooters chick shows up with a plastic bag of ice that she drops into the pitcher. It works well. It keeps the beer cold, and prevents dilution.

Preyhunter

Golden Member
Nov 9, 1999
Ice cubes in a perfectly good beer just ain't right. That's alcohol abuse. You do that and you'll end up in a 12 step program for beer hatred management or something.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i don't drink.

you can always get an air tight bag, put water, seal it, and then freeze it. no water added. you should be able to use one of dem eurosealer things (do those work>).

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
you can put your mug of beer in ice water... the water increases surface area in contact with mug. kinda working a bit backwards...

OR you can get one of those fancy things that is like a frozen ice pack with a hollow cylindrical opening like a straw.... liquids get cooled by going through the thin ice cold opening.

hubbs

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2000
I can't stand having any type of drink w/ice cubes in it. It's just plain nasty is all I have to say. ISHTA.