do you prefer sliders or swing outs...

max105

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
I used to have a small room with swing out (non walk-in) closet. The problem with my swing out was that it took up some extra room I had to reserve so that I could open the closet door. If I had a slider, I wouldn't have save some extra space by the closet to open the door. Of course, this only applies if you're really tight on space. But if you have a spacious room, it might just depend on preference.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: max105
I used to have a small room with swing out (non walk-in) closet. The problem with my swing out was that it took up some extra room I had to reserve so that I could open the closet door. If I had a slider, I wouldn't have save some extra space by the closet to open the door. Of course, this only applies if you're really tight on space. But if you have a spacious room, it might just depend on preference.

But a sliding door would take up 2x as much space at least. I prefer swingouts because then you can walk in the closet and all the space on the outside can be used, whereas you have a sliding door closet taking up the entire length of the wall.

timmyG

Oct 12, 2000
sliders because i have all swingout at my house and would like some variety in my life.

ASK THE COMMUNITY