Do you or did you ever have a fake ID to use for getting served alcohol?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2001
funny was I took a test drive once and left my id in my jeans and changed my pants.

the dealership made a copy of my license and gave it to me. I had to get into a bar that night so I showed them a copied license and my credit card to prove it was me. He laughed at my story and let me in. Thank goodness. My gf was about to slap me silly for my forgetfulness.

lekhoi333

Sep 7, 2010
"This is the worst fake ID I’ve ever seen. Do you realize you made yourself 68?"

thats the thing....i never said that and neither did my coworker at the time. it was never references who said it (guy or girl) where the bar that said that and what day they did they "undercover" work. why dont these reporters make it clear at who said it where it was at and when they heard it. i dont believe them for one second that any rightfully sane bartender to knowingly server anyone that had a fake id. im being accused of something that can not be proved and never said by me or the other bartender. these reporters need to come out and justify their "story"

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
thats the thing....i never said that and neither did my coworker at the time. it was never references who said it (guy or girl) where the bar that said that and what day they did they "undercover" work. why dont these reporters make it clear at who said it where it was at and when they heard it. i dont believe them for one second that any rightfully sane bartender to knowingly server anyone that had a fake id. im being accused of something that can not be proved and never said by me or the other bartender. these reporters need to come out and justify their "story"

perhaps they don't name specific people because they don't know the names or they don't want a person to get fired by naming them. :biggrin:

still not sure if real

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
been drinking out at clubs since about 15. Not really carded more than a dozen times...many times showing them my real underaged ID got me through the red tape.

Today's underage ID's in my state are totally different than the "of age" ID's. Makes cops watching the door/bar have an easier time identifying when the staff is doing a fake ID check.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
been drinking out at clubs since about 15. Not really carded more than a dozen times...many times showing them my real underaged ID got me through the red tape.

Today's underage ID's in my state are totally different than the "of age" ID's. Makes cops watching the door/bar have an easier time identifying when the staff is doing a fake ID check.

Id's in Illinois are like that. The majority of "fakes" are actually just girls using other girl's legit id's which can get damn tough to spot.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Id's in Illinois are like that. The majority of "fakes" are actually just girls using other girl's legit id's which can get damn tough to spot.

Yup.
Out at the club women NEVER look like their drivers license. And if security refused admittance based just on that, most clubs would be sausage fests.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
:ninja:

new_york.jpg

did the state make new IDs? Mine and everyone i know still has one that looks like this, printed on that flexible rubbery plastic, and yes its pink

3591848272_7c305c1dfd.jpg

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
did the state make new IDs? Mine and everyone i know still has one that looks like this, printed on that flexible rubbery plastic, and yes its pink

3591848272_7c305c1dfd.jpg

no, my ID is like that too.

i found the other one through a random google search. the NY ID in the OP is way fake looking. format is off by a long shot. anybody in new york state would suspect it fake.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
When I was up in WI one time I asked for a beer at a Hooters and she said she needed to see my ID. I just told her "welllll.. I'm about a year short". She said I had balls to ask and be honest about it so she got me one anyways :p

Other than that I never bought my own alcohol. Too many other people looking for a drinking buddy.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
In the time and place where I grew up, you could buy a beer if you could see over the top of the bar.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
When I was up in WI one time I asked for a beer at a Hooters and she said she needed to see my ID. I just told her "welllll.. I'm about a year short". She said I had balls to ask and be honest about it so she got me one anyways :p

Other than that I never bought my own alcohol. Too many other people looking for a drinking buddy.

Fuck that, when people bitch because I check their ID I tell them that they are crazy for thinking that I'd consider being fined or going to jail so that people can drink. Ultimately its on the server, at least in Illinois, and not the security staff.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Fuck that, when people bitch because I check their ID I tell them that they are crazy for thinking that I'd consider being fined or going to jail so that people can drink. Ultimately its on the server, at least in Illinois, and not the security staff.

When I worked at the Campus Pub, I sometimes had to work the door, too. One time a freshman from my dorm handed me an ID of another (older) friend of mine. It sucked for both of us, but, since I knew the girl in front of me, her age and the girl who owned the ID, I did not feel comfortable letting her drink (Minors could enter, but only those with wrist bands could drink alcohol).

Not worth my job (and possible criminal issues and school discipline) to let her drink. Later that night, a bunch of us all drank in her dorm room (no pics).

MotionMan