Do you need proof that people are unbelievably stupid in Wyoming?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Liz Cheney seems to be the only Republican politician in WY who isn't an imbecile.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This wasn&#39;t SNL on a Thursday night.<br><br>This was Wyoming&#39;s Republican primary debate. <a href="https://t.co/PUHeOMdx7I">pic.twitter.com/PUHeOMdx7I</a></p>&mdash; The Republican Accountability Project (@AccountableGOP) <a href=" ">July 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Part of me finds it very amusing that Liz Cheney was an unrepentant asshole for her entire political career and she’s going to lose her seat for the one right thing she did.
This. It's hard for me to feel sympathy for any of the GOP old guard even those that are never Trumpets like Cheney. These assholes watched it all happen over the past few decades and were at the very least passively complicit if not outright supportive. Fuck em.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
She definitely lowballed this one. We have a lot more reprehensible shit bags than we'd like to admit and the number is growing.
I think we need to prioritize education all over the nation. It's the only way out of this shit.

Reactions: hal2kilo

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
There's not a single adult at the wheel in the GOP any more. We are sliding into an actual banana republic where it's nothing but screeching and feces flinging from the chimpanzees that have taken over.

To quote Lord of the Rings...The age of men is over.

Buckle up. This isn't going to get any better. Who know Idiocracy was going to be this prophetic this quick.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I think we need to prioritize education all over the nation. It's the only way out of this shit.

It's not even education. It's just being an adult and telling these idiots to sit the fuck down, shut up, and stop the god damn lying. It's one part base wanting to lap it up. It's another part leadership being fine with a firehose of bullshit being sprayed everywhere. Leadership *HAS* to get cleaned up or the base will never shift out of looney land.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I raise with the Arizona GOP candidates for governor

Actually, @K1052, those AZ Repubs in that clip were 25x as smart, responsive and cogent as the braindead cretins in that WY primary debate... push your chips over to me. :colbert : However, the lady wearing all the makeup with the crucifix dangling from her neck was pretty aggravating, I must admit. Still, I win!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's not even education. It's just being an adult and telling these idiots to sit the fuck down, shut up, and stop the god damn lying. It's one part base wanting to lap it up. It's another part leadership being fine with a firehose of bullshit being sprayed everywhere. Leadership *HAS* to get cleaned up or the base will never shift out of looney land.
The educated do not go to looney land, is my point.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
There's not a single adult at the wheel in the GOP any more. We are sliding into an actual banana republic where it's nothing but screeching and feces flinging from the chimpanzees that have taken over.

To quote Lord of the Rings...The age of men is over.

Buckle up. This isn't going to get any better. Who know Idiocracy was going to be this prophetic this quick.
I’m not saying young adults can’t have republican values. But with as much praise Cassidy Hutchinson is getting for testifying, she worked in this corrupt WH for 2 years. While I doubt she’ll turn around to vote for the orange monkey when he ends up the party nominee, she may full well still support DeSantis or Cruz.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

Yeah it's not an education thing. These people have been raised from the beginning to feel like they are the victims. And now it's a life mission to right things. These are educated, intelligent people. They are just fucking sociopaths since they've been trained that compassion and empathy are weak and the enemy.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I can't find the article but I'm pretty sure it was Vanity Fair, or maybe the Atlantic that did a deep dive of the college age "next generation" of conservative think tank. You want scary. Holy shit. These people *are* intelligent and will have the platform given to them to execute. I'll keep digging for it.

Edit -

Found it:

• Wow
Reactions: dank69 and Captante

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Shit flows both direction, down and up. If the base is full of shitheads, the leadership will reflect that.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
With enough indoctrination, yes they will. Education alone won't fix it. You need to fix the messaging too.
The truly educated are not easily deceived is my point. Depends on the interpretation of the word "educated." I'm applying a high standard.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I can't find the article but I'm pretty sure it was Vanity Fair, or maybe the Atlantic that did a deep dive of the college age "next generation" of conservative think tank. You want scary. Holy shit. These people *are* intelligent and will have the platform given to them to execute. I'll keep digging for it.

Edit -

Found it:

Brooks writes for NYTimes too. He's relatively conservative and not the sharpest tack in the box.

• Love

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah it's not an education thing. These people have been raised from the beginning to feel like they are the victims. And now it's a life mission to right things. These are educated, intelligent people. They are just fucking sociopaths since they've been trained that compassion and empathy are weak and the enemy.
Sociopaths are not intelligent, they are emotionally and intellectually crippled. You will never train me to abandon compassion and empathy, they are fundamental to retaining one's humanity and sanity.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is it weird to feel sympathy for Liz up there?
This. It's hard for me to feel sympathy for any of the GOP old guard even those that are never Trumpets like Cheney. These assholes watched it all happen over the past few decades and were at the very least passively complicit if not outright supportive. Fuck em.

I feel sympathy for us...
For what we must do to survive them. None of this ends peacefully. Or with our cities standing.

Old Yeller stands before us.... as an entire political machine with the intent of turning us into Russia or Iran. Where as the actual outcome may be more like Libya or Afghanistan.

Reactions: Lezunto

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The truly educated are not easily deceived is my point. Depends on the interpretation of the word "educated." I'm applying a high standard.

The depends on the information they're "educated" with. :oops:

A bunch of the worst things humanity has ever done were instigated by "educated" people.