do you like to pick your vrms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
does intel pick for everyone because they have an intellectual monopoly while spending more money on IP attorneys, bloated management, and lobbyists or do they use high quality VRMs that guarantee more longevity and higher clocks at stable voltages? did they do it because they got angry at Asus for providing such good ones?

why didnt they integrate the PCH and all of that stuff instead? not that that is a good idea or a bad idea, but i am not sure why they chose VRMs so that is why i started this thread asking why they did.

Go home Anarchist, you're drunk
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

Homeles

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2011
On the off chance that this isn't a troll thread, do you not realize that not all of the power delivery circuits are integrated? And that the integrated voltage regulation is far superior to what a high end motherboard can provide? There's a damn good reason why there are capacitors on the bottom of every processor and not on the motherboard. You simply can't filter noise on a motherboard like you can on the CPU package. The same applies to FIVR.

The PCH is a far bigger circuit to integrate and/or move on package. The additional space relegated to voltage regulation is tiny.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2004
I like my VRMs how I like my hookers, hot and Taiwanese.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
On the off chance that this isn't a troll thread, do you not realize that not all of the power delivery circuits are integrated? And that the integrated voltage regulation is far superior to what a high end motherboard can provide? There's a damn good reason why there are capacitors on the bottom of every processor and not on the motherboard. You simply can't filter noise on a motherboard like you can on the CPU package. The same applies to FIVR.
good reply. but they could be using TIM because they have no competition in the desktop subsector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY