DO you like this resume format?Update first draft done.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001

here is the .doc version Word XP RIGHT CLICK save as

I have been looking at samples from professional resume writing companies and did this myself.

I have been pretty lucky in the past of having the exact same skill someone was looking for and now I am not doing so hot with my word template version so I thought a total redo was in order.

It's done first draft I wpuld like some feeback.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
IMO, Flight Simuation Operator sounds better than Flight Simulator Operator.

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
I'm not a big fan of the format, but I'd make sure to remove any of the personal info before posting it here (assuming you didn't just make it up).

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Hector13
I'm not a big fan of the format, but I'd make sure to remove any of the personal info before posting it here (assuming you didn't just make it up).
why is that? free exposure to hundreds (if not thousands) of free hits on it.

jw791

Feb 27, 2003
JMHO...

Do you have a college degree? Are you fresh out of college or an experienced professional? If you are out of college, you should have an education section at the top, otherwise education at the bottom.

- Personally I would not call out "achievements" at the header. I would label it "experience" and call out your achievements in the experience bullets

- Get rid of "routine" under calibrations, weakens the bullet. Also, the "personal projections" label weakens the achievement. Could it be company goals instead?

- It might help if you spelled "Technician" correctly :)g

- Do you have specific skills/certifications on technical equipment? I would call those out under a separate section

Good luck!

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Thanks alot it really helped.

No College will be listed as I failed out of CC;)

I am going to list my Navy Training on the second page.

THis is a work in progress, I still havened added my naval experence.

I can't beleive spell check missed the technition;)

Always good to have a few people read it.

Thanks again.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
this needs alot of work. Personally, I find the layout hard to read. Something like this seems alot easier on the eyes

As a guideline, you should try to keep a CV to one page, front only. It should be the interview, not the resume, where you talk about each individual position.