Do you like the new forum style?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Do you like the new forum style?

• Yes

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 78.8%
  • I miss Brainhulk polls

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Awful. Two posts fill the entire screen on my laptop. I can barely skim through threads now. What are these people thinking these days when they have more white space than content?

Any way to get a user's info (post count, etc.) to automatically display under their avatar?

Untitled.png

Reactions: MtnMan

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'm a desktop dinosaur.
Count me in too, as a "Desktop Dinosaur", except, now @4K UHD, since two years.

Let's make a club on AT, the Association of Desktop Dinosaurs. I'd like to be a charter member.

The only requirement for joining, is owning, and using, a desktop PC.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Count me in too, as a "Desktop Dinosaur", except, now @4K UHD, since two years.

Let's make a club on AT, the Association of Desktop Dinosaurs. I'd like to be a charter member.

The only requirement for joining, is owning, and using, a desktop PC.
lol I still have a flip so, yes, desktops, ftw.

The downside...Ma got blown up here by Michal and we're getting her cameras for her safety. My straighttalk smart phone is on the way.

The upside, she may be going back to FL in Feb and I can cancel the smart phone.

Where do I sign up?

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Waiting for the old-style Anandtech theme to be added....it will alright then.....any day now.

old.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: snoopy7548

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I don’t hate it but it needs work.im using dark mode on my IPad so my opinions are on it (and I’m betting many are using it as well because the default was way too bright).

First wtf is with the site not coming up lately. If I close out safari and open it back up it (usually) will work again, but it’ll just constantly randomly decide server not found. If I go into private browsing no issues it loads fine, just when I’m logged in there’s problems.

• Thread titles are different colors, why? What do they mean and they should all be the same color. The blue doesn’t contrast enough with the grey so I guess the whitish color but maybe toned down just slightly
  • Bullets no longer work, if you hit enter it just jumps back up to where it was at the top. You can’t actually add another line/bullet item. Hell you can’t actually get the cursor below the billeted list to type anything at all. You have to type out what you want, highlight it, then click bullets to get them on there
  • Date joined and post count shouldn’t be hidden
  • The blue and the orange don’t provide enough contrast to the dark grey
  • Is there a jump to last page button???
  • And most importantly imo there is not nearly enough to distinguish stickied threads from normal ones so you have to actually look to tell where the first real thread is instead of visually telling instantly like it was. There a 4 stickied threads in P&N and it takes too long each time to figure out where they end and the real ones begin. Consolidate the two rules ones into one and unsticky he names of the dead and insurance ones. There’s never any activity in either and it’s probably been months since anyone has clicked on either unsticky them. It’s pointless to keep them up.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I can only hope they'll realize how they screwed up a lot of useful features and make a whole bunch of positive changes.

Why on earth did they do this?

For example: In the list of threads they used to show who created the thread and who last posted in it. Now it's just the last poster. Why did they do that???

They did away with lots in info. Subscribe date, number of posts, likes. What's the idea here? Less is not more, it's less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo and pmv

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Ugh! Dark theme sucks horrible. The other is too bright, but what you going to do? It's one or the other, pick your poison.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I like it because now I can see what i'm typing in the reply box...before it was always white background..now its black...really makes my day.
Well, you're 1/2 blind at least, right?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I’ve got another to add. I’d put it at the bottom of my list above, but it’s impossible to. If your post ends with a bulleted list it’s impossible to add anything below it. At least in the iPad it’s not possible.

This one is important too:

• If you hold backspace to delete what you just type it doesn’t stop when you let up. It keeps going and going and going and deletes basically the last sentence or two you typed. This is extremely frustrating, you mistyped one word but now have to retype an entire sentence because of it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
what really gets me is 20 posts per page, this is just unacceptable, some threads have 1k+ responses who wants to flip through 100+ pages instead of 10?
They used to give you options on how many posts/page. IIRC you could get 50, maybe even 100, that was a while ago. I maxed out, I see no reason to want only 25/page. Now it's 20? That sucks!

Reactions: UglyCasanova

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The avatars are so small now you can't make them out.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
What's the idea here? Less is not more, it's less.
I REALLY wish UI/UX designers could realize this. I DO WANT my right-click context menu in Firefox, for example, to have a "Print Page" option. (A controversial change that happened.)

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
For example: In the list of threads they used to show who created the thread and who last posted in it. Now it's just the last poster. Why did they do that???

I was going to complain about that, but couldn't be sure whether I'd correctly remembered that it used to do that or if I'd just imagined it. and it had always been this way! Let's face it - who started a thread usually says a lot about what one is likely to find in it.