Do you like Squad? Like WWII? Look no further

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
looks interesting, looks alot like ARMA just in a real setting not a made up setting.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
So, Planetside 2 in WW2? I don't see it lasting too long as the market is already flooded with WW2 games and by the time this game is released, everyone will already be tired of seeing WW2.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So, Planetside 2 in WW2? I don't see it lasting too long as the market is already flooded with WW2 games and by the time this game is released, everyone will already be tired of seeing WW2.

Hard to say, most are arcade/action style shooters, this one seems to be more focused on realism with real time appropriate weapons and locations, and hopefully real physics as well.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
How about they put up some money and make the game and then when it gets good reviews I'll buy it.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How about they put up some money and make the game and then when it gets good reviews I'll buy it.

They essentially did, from reading their kickstarter they are going about this in a very smart manner IMO. Unlike most companies which go to kickstarter to make the game these guys made the game first, then just went to kickstarter to speed it up.

from their kickstarter page:

"
I’m tired of big promises that are never fulfilled. Will this game ever see release?
We feel the crowdfunding fatigue as much as you do. As backers of several enormous and ambitious projects that never lived up to the hype, we decided that we would only begin our Kickstarter campaign once we had a playable client from end to end. That means launching the application, connecting to a server and actually playing the game at an Alpha level of quality. We’re thrilled that we can do all those things, and that all funds from this Kickstarter will go towards fleshing out and widening the scope of what we feel is already a deep experience."

So essentially these guys are already ahead of Star Citizen and alot of kickstarter games as they have a playable alpha already.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
star citizen has a 3.0 alpha. As I said go raise private money and come see me when you have great reviews and a final game.

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012

Think old Battlefield 2, which was an amazing game, throw in a little bit of Company of Heroes 2, and a "campaign" where every match win/loss has a meaning.

When you say Planetside 2 I think of huge planets (maps) with player flown drop ships, Freemium game play, and no real resources management that I can remember.

Two completely different games. I for one played the hell out of Red Orchestra 2, and this game seems to offer some of the things that would have been amazing to add to RO2.

I think it'll do well.