Do you lift the toilet seat when you urinate

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
Guys leaving the seat up doesnt bother me. I cannot see what women make a fuss over. I mean how hard it is to make sure it is down before sitting? Especially since we know that it is a man's nature to leave it up.

:)

I never understood my ex's gripe about it either. I would never sit down without making the seat is down. I guess it is a matter of conditioning... If you've lived your life and expect the seat to be down, it is hard to change. I didn't live with the ex, though she spent a lot of time at my place. She always said that I would be expected to leave the seat down if we got married. I told her that I would, but while we were still dating, and we were in my apartment, I would do what I pleased with my toilet.

R

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
at home for my personal toilet where i know the floor is clean, i go down on one knee. no spatter. i like my throne spotless.

WTF?!?....one knee?

xxAgentCowxx

Jan 26, 2003
Originally posted by: rgwalt
Originally posted by: waggy
heh i have 4 older sisters. IF i ever left the darn seat down i would get my butt kicked.
so i turned into a pansy. i just sit 90% of the time heh

Dude, be a man and stand up when you take a whiz. Get into the habit of raising and lowering the seat. It'll pay off when you get married or otherwise live with a woman one day. I don't know... peeing while standing is one of the defining characteristics of being a guy, for me at least.

R

I have jinglies in my wang... gen. piercings= sprinkler effect. i sit unless seeking vengence.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Staley8
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
at home for my personal toilet where i know the floor is clean, i go down on one knee. no spatter. i like my throne spotless.

WTF?!?....one knee?

:p it works. i notice little annoying spatter spray on the rim of the toilet whenever friends come to my house. its a fundamental problem with most toilets i bet. they simply aren't deep enough to contain splashback from the stream hitting the water.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
heh i have 4 older sisters. IF i ever left the darn seat down i would get my butt kicked.

Dude, be a man and stand up when you take a whiz. Get into the habit of raising and lowering the seat. It'll pay off when you get married or otherwise live with a woman one day. I don't know... peeing while standing is one of the defining characteristics of being a guy, for me at least.

R

heh im married now. been married 5 years. yeah she thinks its kinda weird.

habits are hard to break.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000

R

Should have remembered you were married waggy, esp with photos of your child in your sig. Stupid Ryan...

Anyway, IMHO, this is one habit that should be broken. Much like quitting smoking, you should start standing up to take a whiz.

R

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002

:Q - say it aint so

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

R

Should have remembered you were married waggy, esp with photos of your child in your sig. Stupid Ryan...

Anyway, IMHO, this is one habit that should be broken. Much like quitting smoking, you should start standing up to take a whiz.

R

I shall start! i just need to find the twezzers and magnifing glass!

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: emmpee
where's the choice for 'sink'?
I divorced my first wife because she was a terrible housekeeper.
Eveytime I went to the sink to pee, there were dishes in it.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000

R

R

I shall start! i just need to find the twezzers and magnifing glass!

ROFL! Good man. It may seem like I'm giving you a hard time... and I am giving you a hard time but it is for your own good.

:D ;)

R